Toulon - boat trip to see calanques from Cassis

Martin and Lindsey

I am wondering if anyone has managed to take a boat trip from Cassis to see the calanques when their ship docked in Toulon.

How long did the boat trip take, and how much did it cost?

We are booked on a private tour to Cassis and Aix en Provence and wonder how feasible it will be to fit in a boat trip. We would love to do this if possible.

Yes it is possible and very worth doing!!! We hired a private tour operator who arranged the day so we could do both Aix with a guided tour and free time and then went to Cassis. We were in an 8 passenger van, four decided to take the 45 minute boat tour and the others opted to enjoy the charming port town of Cassis. Great port day!!

ritaly,

We are also booked on a private tour with 8 in a van. Do you know if those that took the boat trip still had some time to explore Cassis. I would like to do both! :)

Which tour company did you use?

---

frenchrci,

Thanks for the link it is very useful.

Edited by Martin and Lindsey
addition

• 1 month later...

Martin and Lindsay,

Our group of 4 (2 adult couples) are interested in Cassis and Calanques, and would love to do a boat tour out of Toulon to get there. I am just starting to look into how to do that. Any interest?

If I can't find a boat tour, have you arranged any transportation to Cassis yet? Would do that if I can't find a boat tour to get us there.

Karen

PS...we are on the Regal Princess 1 Jul 14 cruise with you; thought I was on that roll call when I asked!

Edited by karmoyer

• 5 months later...

Planning 2015 3-15 June Island Princess (Barcelona/Venice) and taking a family group of 7. This is a repetition of our 2009 vacation (except for Toulon) and have the frustration of being quite ready for either Marseille or MonteCarlo. We'd be happy enough for a group bus ride if it provided easy access to a couple of hours on a coastal boat. The idea of paying for a van for 8-9 hours and then spending that time on a boat while the van driver takes a long break seems very inefficient. Because our group includes those easily fatigued (an 8 year-old and a 68 year-old) we don't plan to take a complicated walk to point A, nor have the challenge of discovering the method of return to the last available train, etc. I might say that Aix does not seem to offer what is available in Nice/St. Paul or all of the locations accessible from Marseille (including access to the sea).

What worked for you and what resources did you use? (Hopefully all are still attached to forum and any information will be most appreciated!)

DJ