Booking ES 1 1/2 years out

IMKTDQT810

I was looking at maybe booking the Valor in 2016 (right now it only goes to April and I would be interested in July). So I am trying to get my bearing on the Early Saver Rate. For those who have booked it that far out, what type of price drops have you seen? Also to verify you can get a price drop all the way until 2-3 days prior to sailing correct? THANKS!

Kathy,

For ES, yes, you can get the price drops up to 2 days before the cruise regardless on how far out you book it... I have booked one 14 months out and went through one price drop already (a small one). Hard to say what price drops will be available since it is based on supply and demand. This is very similar to what Southwest does and I do like it.

Steve

I booked my cruise about that same time frame, but leaving in October 2014. I've had two price drops and very happy with it. I check faithfully each week and believe that there will be at least another drop in price before we leave!

We have booked several cruise ES way way out, have done great on some and so so on others..Pain in the rear, but I check every day..I use Fare Viewer as it let's you compare your cabin category easier.Also, I have sent an ES form three times and had it denied, then call in and talk to the right person, and they give me credit while on the phone.

So,

1- Check Fare Viewer often and 2- call in for the price drop.

What if your cabin category is not listed in the fare viewer? Is there someplace else or can you just call in to see if there has been a price drop for your cabin/category?

I've looked at fare viewer and found it doesn't include the port charges/fees/taxes. The one drop we have on the reposition cruise was for this, with the cabin fare being the same.

What I will do is work through building a new booking. This way, you have the correct fares, upgrade costs, and fees. May take a few minutes longer but will give you an accurate cost.

And yes, I do call in for the price corrections.

Steve

So,

1- Check Fare Viewer often and 2- call in for the price drop.

What if your cabin category is not listed in the fare viewer? Is there someplace else or can you just call in to see if there has been a price drop for your cabin/category?

If your cabin category isn't listed in fare viewer, then that means it's likely sold out for that cruise. You would be out of luck for price drops, but you might be able to get an upgrade.

Hi Kathy :)

My wife and I always book early saver and use fare viewer to check

our rates. I always phone in for our price drops; far more efficient

and the drop is done while on the phone.

Also, if you see that your cabin category is no longer listed in

fare viewer it certainly does not always mean it is sold out. I

have had my category disappear and re-appear quite often.

Most likely due to travel agents releasing their holds on cabins,

making them available again.

Of course the price drop amounts are going to vary a great deal.

Typically we average anywhere between $300 - $700. I check

often. I have had price drops occur more than a year out, and have

had them occur a few weeks, months or days prior to the voyage.

Carnival's computer system is set up at a 6 hour interval. I have

received a drop and then saw the rate increase later in the same

day.

Hope the info helps you some. Have a terrific day.

:)

If you book Military rate, you cannot check your fare on fareviewer - Darn. I have to do a mock booking to see Military rate. We booked ES, but last year we were able to price drop on both of our cruises using the military rate. Right now the military rate is the same as ES.

The Southern Caribbean cruise always hovers around 379.00 or so and goes up once they start to fill the ship. Do not expect much of a price drop on this itinerary due to it filling up without any discounts being needed. I have seen it get as low as 349.00 but never anything below that.

Does it matter if you used a travel agent in the original booking?

If you booked through a travel agent, you would need to contact your travel agent who would contact Carnival to adjust the price.

When I called my travel agent, she put me on hold and called Carnival on the other line. After a few minutes, she came back and confirmed that Carnival did adjust the price. Then she sent me an updated invoice right away showing the adjusted final payment amount.

Edited by botbienvn
Spelling

If you booked through a travel agent, you would need to contact your travel agent who would contact Carnival to adjust the price.

When I called my travel agent, she put me on hold and called Carnival on the other line. After a few minutes, she came back and confirmed that Carnival did adjust the price. Then she sent me an updated invoice right away showing the adjusted final payment amount.

You are right about needing the travel agent to do it.

I filled out the form and got a prompt response from Carnival that my account was under a travel agent and the agent needs to do the requesting.

I sent it to my agent today got the final payment adjusted. The amount is a credit to my card, not OBC (makes no difference to me).