Military Rate

CrystalBelle

I just sent my email with a copy of my ID and my marriage certificate. I am cruising with our 3 children, my husband is not able to come, active duty. The rules state that I as the spouse can get the rate for the cabin. I'm just nervous because the rules are sort of unclear.

Has anyone ever cruised without the active duty member and still received the military rate. If so, what exactly did you send to verify your status. They said a copy of my marriage license and military ID but the service rep did not sound too confident in those two items.....

Thanks a bunch!

oh and Im leaving on the 17th so this is definitely a last minute thing!!

ELIGIBLE PERSONNEL

The military promotion is available to the following members of the United States Military and Canadian Department of National Defense:

* Active Personnel

* Spouses of active Military personnel called to active duty or stationed overseas will be eligible to book one

cabin as long as the eligible spouse is occupying this cabin. The spouse must provide proof of eligibility by

submitting a copy of the official military orders and/or duties documentation and proof of marriage.

I read that but it is so confusing. She also said on the phone that my military ID would work with a marriage license. and it doesn't say that there. maybe I should just get him to get his orders too?

but its hard to get ahold of him.

I would have

marriage license

LES

military ID

and orders on hand for deployment/PCS etc - can never trust the operators you will have 1 out of 10 know what they are talking about.

With all of them you will get your room.

I just sent my email with a copy of my ID and my marriage certificate. I am cruising with our 3 children, my husband is not able to come, active duty. The rules state that I as the spouse can get the rate for the cabin. I'm just nervous because the rules are sort of unclear.

Has anyone ever cruised without the active duty member and still received the military rate. If so, what exactly did you send to verify your status. They said a copy of my marriage license and military ID but the service rep did not sound too confident in those two items.....

Thanks a bunch!

oh and Im leaving on the 17th so this is definitely a last minute thing!!

You're in Pensecola - Navy? IF he's deployed, you should have a POA. Also the ombudsman can assist if needed.

If your husband is on AD and is currently deployed he should have orders, as deployment isnt TDY. If you have your ID, marriage certificate and your spouses orders you should have plenty of proof..

Good luck

Joyride37

Can widows of military veterans get the discount?

Yes and I have for years

You would need a copy of his DD214. I also believe you cannot have remarried (personnel who were married to service members and then remarry lose the military privileges unless they marry another service member.....same as in a divorce).

Edited by Out to sea!