So excited ! 25th Anniversary cruise

We just booked our 25th wedding anniversary cruise for 1/4/15 on the Valor with a week in PR beforehand. I'm so excited ! We have been on a bunch of cruises, but it has occurred to me today that they were all :

- With kids

- With friends

- With new cruisers

- "Mandatory fun" workplace charter

- Conferences

- Family reunion

but never JUST US with no agenda other than spending time together !

We picked cabin #6483 because we enjoyed the same on a Dream sailing in '12. We are booking a VRBO condo in PR that's pretty nice, right on the beach and really affordable compared to a lot of the area hotels/resorts. Because we went affordable on the lodging and we used a 25% voucher on the cabin we can budget in several excursions. We like some adventure, some relaxation but I wouldn't say we are thrill seekers. We just love being together without distractions.... Swimming with sea turtles in on my bucket list and my hubby likes to snorkel. What are your " Do not miss this!" excursions, restaurants etc... in PR and on the Valors southern itinerary ?

PR

St Kitts

St Thomas

Barbados

St Lucia

St Maarten

Congrats on your 25th. We did a 25th anniversary cruise as well, actually celebrated on the cruise. We were on the Marriage Game as the middle couple and had a blast. If you are not too shy, you might put that on your list.

Happy 25th!! Hope you have a great cruise.

We are also going alone this time (out of NOLA). Usually go with family, friends etc. Can't wait for some relaxation, warm weather and a few good "Drink of the day"!!! :D

Congrats on the 25th. I am waiting for Carnival to open up 2015 so I can plan my 25th Anniversary Cruise and my DH 50th.

I was just on the Valor in January and in Barbados I did Calabaza to swim with the Turtles. #1 on TripAdvisor and I can see why. From swimming with the turtles. Sailing around the beautiful ocean. All you can drink and food from the minute you step on the catamaran. Gina and her crew are there to make you day the best and they do a great job. She only books 12 people per day (so book early, she books out fast). Her rum punch is the best (believe me, I know first hand :)). It was the best excursion of the cruise for me and actually the #1 excursion of all time.

For something as Special as your 25th, I would definately recommend Calabaza. I would go back to the Valor and Babados in a heartbeat to do it again.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Congrats on the 25th. I am waiting for Carnival to open up 2015 so I can plan my 25th Anniversary Cruise and my DH 50th.

I was just on the Valor in January and in Barbados I did Calabaza to swim with the Turtles. #1 on TripAdvisor and I can see why. From swimming with the turtles. Sailing around the beautiful ocean. All you can drink and food from the minute you step on the catamaran. Gina and her crew are there to make you day the best and they do a great job. She only books 12 people per day (so book early, she books out fast). Her rum punch is the best (believe me, I know first hand :)). It was the best excursion of the cruise for me and actually the #1 excursion of all time.

For something as Special as your 25th, I would definately recommend Calabaza. I would go back to the Valor and Babados in a heartbeat to do it again.

I have Calabaza on my list ! Thanks :)

In St. Thomas you can't go wrong with Megan's Bay. We've been twice and it's stunning! Don't bother booking through Carnival, local cabs are readily available and cheap.

DH and I had cruised 3 times with family and friends, we were looking at itineraries for number 4 but couldn't get schedules to line up with our friends. He was stressed that we wouldn't be able to cruise for a while and I told him, "you know we CAN go on our own!" The look on his face was priceless, lightbulb!!! We've been on 2 cruises since with just us and have our next one booked. Just never occurred to him...:p

Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary! I hope your cruise is everything you could hope for!:D

You couldn't ask for a better itinerary IMHO. St. Lucia is an awesome place to snorkel and so is Barbados.

I'm so jealous! LOL!:D

Congratulations!

We booked our trip for April 27th -14 waaay back in January of 2013 and have the same exact cabin booked. 6483 with first aft wrap ever and only 50+ days left to go :)

Have a wonderful time !! We loved our wrap on the Dream. The next time on Dream we went with a spa balcony, which we loved too. We just really loved the aft deck so much more. I figure we chose this ship for the itinerary and since there is no Cloud 9 Spa, we may appreciate the escape to the private deck even moreso :p There is a video of 6483 on You Tube if you haven't already seen it.

Congratulations on your 25th, it's great to spend an anniversary on a ship. We spent our 25th on an Alaskan cruise. We were just on the Valor last September and we love this itinerary. We preferred Sapphire Beach over Megans Bay, but they are both nice. We try to tell anyone who is looking for something to do in St Thomas to not overlook the Magic Ice ice bar, http://www.magicice.vi/ Near the shopping area and a lot of fun. Probably the most fun we had on that cruise. Yes it is cold 24-30 degrees inside, and it's $20pp I believe and they will put it on your S&S card right there. It also includes a shot of rum in a collectible shot glass. We were in there somewhere between 45-50 minutes. Word to the wise, maybe go before the beach or in dry clothes. Our wet sandals were trying to freeze to our feet.:rolleyes:

Have fun no matter what.

Congrats on your 25th. You will love this cruise. We have done this itinerary 2 times (when it was the Victory, see reviews in signature). While in Puerto Rico there are lots of things to do. We did the Kayaking in the Bio Bay and El-Yunque. also exploring the old city is awesome.

We are going again in January of 2015 and 2 of the must do excursions for us, other than the swimming with the turtles in Barbados.... are the land and sea tour in St Lucia with Spencer Ambrose, you get a trip in a nice van stopping to see old church, historic sites, banana plantations (samples yum) drive through Volcano (we opted out of this stop) water fall other local food stops. Then a water taxi to the beach between the Pitons for a couple of hours (great snorkeling) then you ride back to the ship on a fast speed boat seeing lots of cool things. Great day. On St Maarten we went to orient beach (to play in the water) and to Maho beach (to watch the planes take off and land) and that was a ton of fun. So jealous of the extra time in Puerto Rico. I love it there.:cool::D