My Time Dining

I would prefer to just have the early seating for dinner but was told that both seatings were booked. So we will do My Time Dining. Do I wait until boarding and then stand in a line to reserve times? Is there a way to do it on-line before we leave?

Also - this question has probably been asked but I cannot seem to find a search bar for the forums... It's been awhile since I have been here. Am I just missing it??

Thanks!

I would prefer to just have the early seating for dinner but was told that both seatings were booked. So we will do My Time Dining. Do I wait until boarding and then stand in a line to reserve times? Is there a way to do it on-line before we leave?

Also - this question has probably been asked but I cannot seem to find a search bar for the forums... It's been awhile since I have been here. Am I just missing it??

Thanks!

You can book your dinner reservations online after final payment and change them up to 4 days before sailing. Then you can change them again day by day once on board.

The search feature on CC has been down for about a month now. Don't know if its ever coming back.

You simply show up at your assigned dining room anytime between 5:45pm and 9:30pm and wait for a table. The seating is on a first come-first serve basis.

See more at: http://cruisefever.net/carnival-anytime-dining-tips-for-your-time-dining-with-carnival/#sthash.TvgNAV4A.dpuf

That article is about Carnival. OP is asking about Royal Caribbean. It's a slightly different policy, and RCI allows for reservations as well.

I don't know when your cruise is, but I was able to make my MTD reservations more than 90 days out from the cruise. You can make the reservations online in advance to get the time you prefer and then make changes (if the time is available) on the ship just like in a land based restaurant. Booking ahead of time is nice because you can plan your dinner times around your evening activities.

Have fun!

You can book your dinner reservations online after final payment and change them up to 4 days before sailing. Then you can change them again day by day once on board.

The search feature on CC has been down for about a month now. Don't know if its ever coming back.

Sorry, this is not correct. We typically make our MTD ressies online approx. 90 out--well before final payment. On some sailings, ressies were available to make even earlier.

OP: Go to your booking online and under the Pre-Cruise Planner will be an option to book your MTD reservations:) As the PP stated, you will be able to change those ressies day by day if necessary.

If you prefer early traditional dining, you can call RCI (or your travel agent, if you used one) and ask to be wait listed for it. Don't know how far out you are from your cruise, but I've done this before and ultimately got what I wanted.

If wait listing doesn't pan out, go to MDR upon boarding (there will be dining staff available for a couple of hours for this) and ask if you can change from MTD to Early Traditional Dining.

If you prefer early traditional dining, you can call RCI (or your travel agent, if you used one) and ask to be wait listed for it. Don't know how far out you are from your cruise, but I've done this before and ultimately got what I wanted.

If wait listing doesn't pan out, go to MDR upon boarding (there will be dining staff available for a couple of hours for this) and ask if you can change from MTD to Early Traditional Dining.

If you really want traditional dining I'd try these methods for sure :)