Free cruise letter

I recently booked my grandaughter on a cruise on oct 14 . I got a letter today offering me a free for two 4,5, or 7 night cruise. I have to pay port and taxs. Hummm, that makes it no so free. This is from carnival and a check for $1929 to be used for the cruise is enclosed. I have 48 hours to call and accept. Before I call I wanted to see if anyone knows of this and if it is legit or a scam. Letter states you leave from port canaveral. I live 45 minutes away so it sounded good. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

i got a letter from carnival that said free cruise, book within a month for sailings thru may up to 9 days, it was legit paid port charges and taxes upgraded to a balcony ended up paying 345.00 for 8 day freedom southern caribbean march 8 for 2 people, best deal in the world ever.

Yours does not sound like the normal free cruise letter from carnival... Log into your account and look for your offers, or do a mock booking while logged in. It should come up as free.

I would not call the number on the letter, but rather the standard customer service number.

I recently booked my grandaughter on a cruise on oct 14 . I got a letter today offering me a free for two 4,5, or 7 night cruise. I have to pay port and taxs. Hummm, that makes it no so free. This is from carnival and a check for $1929 to be used for the cruise is enclosed. I have 48 hours to call and accept. Before I call I wanted to see if anyone knows of this and if it is legit or a scam. Letter states you leave from port canaveral. I live 45 minutes away so it sounded good. Thanks in advance.

This doesn't sound like the offer for a free cabin( it does not say FREE Cruise) that i recieved in the Mail??Carnival offers are listed on carnival.com/offers it uses your VIFP# so check on line or you can call.

Yours does not sound like the normal free cruise letter from carnival... Log into your account and look for your offers, or do a mock booking while logged in. It should come up as free.

I would not call the number on the letter, but rather the standard customer service number.

I agree.

Mine was not like that

I received the free cruise letter that was legit from Carnival about 2 weeks ago and today my mom received what we believe is the scam letter that is being sent around. It contains a check at the bottom, and says to claim the cruise within 48 hours. SOunds like what you got also. I can tell you this letter is definitely different from the Carnival Free Cruise letter. I am 99% sure the one you and my mother got is a scam, but we will call Carnival directly to double check. Wouldn't want to throw away a free cruise offer by mistake!!

Update: I called the toll free number and it is a new travel agency. I have to listen to a spiel about their agency for 90 minutes. I get a $100 gift card for local eats. Choice of royal caribbean or carnival, 8 day cruise. I've wasted more than 90 minutes in my lifetime so I think I will go. I'll post another update after my meeting next tuesday.

Update: I called the toll free number and it is a new travel agency. I have to listen to a spiel about their agency for 90 minutes. I get a $100 gift card for local eats. Choice of royal caribbean or carnival, 8 day cruise. I've wasted more than 90 minutes in my lifetime so I think I will go. I'll post another update after my meeting next tuesday.

I was about to type that it sounded like the new Vacation Travel Ageny/ Time Share company that used to run Carnival Vacation Club.

I heard they recently transitioned into a travel agency.

Probably still owned by ICE though...just remember, they were not well received in the past.

We are booked for a cruise in June. Carnival contacted us directly-in writing in postal mail and via a phone call. Just had to pay port charges and taxes. Then we upgraded from interior to oceanview. Paid $287.00 for two people (total-not each) for a 7 day cruise. Loving Carnival. :)

Kim

Edited by cruisingkimo
spelling