Hampton inn San Juan

cjar855

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn San Juan, and how far from the port is it. I know it is near the airport, just wondering the distance to the port. I checked the Ports Of Call board, but no ino there.

Thanks

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn San Juan, and how far from the port is it. I know it is near the airport, just wondering the distance to the port. I checked the Ports Of Call board, but no ino there.

Thanks

Do you mean the HI in Isla Verde? If so, it was one of the nicest HI we've ever booked. The pool area was gorgeous and poolside grill served the tastiest burgers.

It is pretty close to the airport as we could hear planes overhead, but not inside the hotel, thankfully. If I remember correctly, it was about a 20 min. cab ride to the port.

Do you mean the HI in Isla Verde? If so, it was one of the nicest HI we've ever booked. The pool area was gorgeous and poolside grill served the tastiest burgers.

It is pretty close to the airport as we could hear planes overhead, but not inside the hotel, thankfully. If I remember correctly, it was about a 20 min. cab ride to the port.

Yes that's the one . Thanks we booked yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed there in 2012 and I would stay there again. There was a cockfighting arena next door :eek: - I didn't check it out though :rolleyes:.

There are some authentic PR restaurants in the area.

I stay here twice a year on business. Not shuttles to the port but lots of taxis to take you . It may be 20 minutes to the pier. They have a nightly cocktail party now as well, but charge a 15% resort fee on top of your room. It's still a great deal and the little tiki bar at the pool serves great food at reasonable prices.

There are lots of restaurants in the area within walking distance. The cock fighting arena is next door, but no worries. You would never know it's there if they didn't have a sign!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just booked this hotel for May 2015, for 213$ US a night. all fees in.

So from the reviews everything here seems pretty good right ? anymore postive or negeatives reviews anyone ?

Edited by trev71

I just booked this hotel for May 2015, for 213$ US a night. all fees in.

So from the reviews everything here seems pretty good right ? anymore postive or negeatives reviews anyone ?

We also booked this hotel for the end of March 2015. We got a 1 King Suite Poolview for $301 total for 2 nights not per night. That includes the taxes and the resort charge. We booked it as soon as it became available in March using the Hilton MVP rate code. It would now cost $423 for the same room It pays sometimes to book early.

You might be able to get it for less using this code: 0560041604. Of course you need to be a member of the HHilton Honors, but that is free. Just sign up and your set.

Sharon

I forgot to tell you that you put that code in the box for corporate account. You get to that by clicking on the add special rates codes.

Sharon

Thanks I just checked its 34$ cheaper. :) I just have to rebook it now.

Thanks I just checked its 34$ cheaper. :) I just have to rebook it now.

Happy it worked out for you. Isn't nice when you can save a few dollars? That will help pay for the taxi fares since there are no hotels in San Juan with a free shuttle from the airport.

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed here and agree with all the good reviews. Clean hotel in a good location. Several restaurants within walking distance for dinner. The included continental breakfast was pretty good too. I would definitely stay there again.

Have a GREAT cruise!

We also booked this hotel for the end of March 2015. We got a 1 King Suite Poolview for $301 total for 2 nights not per night. That includes the taxes and the resort charge. We booked it as soon as it became available in March using the Hilton MVP rate code. It would now cost $423 for the same room It pays sometimes to book early.

You might be able to get it for less using this code: 0560041604. Of course you need to be a member of the HHilton Honors, but that is free. Just sign up and your set.

Sharon

We had already booked this hotel with our Hilton Honors #. If I cancel and rebook with this Corporate Acct.# will they ask for proof of a Corporate Account ?

We had already booked this hotel with our Hilton Honors #. If I cancel and rebook with this Corporate Acct.# will they ask for proof of a Corporate Account ?

They have never asked for anything. It is the Hilton MVP rate. I got the information from this site: http://loyaltylobby.com/2012/11/30/hilton-mvp-20-discount-at-hilton-family-of-hotels-in-the-united-states/

It gives you the instructions. You go to www dot hilton family MVP dot com. Of course no spaces. I have forgotten sometimes and book the regular way, then a remember to check and usually I can save. So I then book under this MVP rate and cancel the other. I always want to make sure I have the new lower priced reservation before I can the other one.

Sharon

They have never asked for anything. It is the Hilton MVP rate. I got the information from this site: http://loyaltylobby.com/2012/11/30/hilton-mvp-20-discount-at-hilton-family-of-hotels-in-the-united-states/

It gives you the instructions. You go to www dot hilton family MVP dot com. Of course no spaces. I have forgotten sometimes and book the regular way, then a remember to check and usually I can save. So I then book under this MVP rate and cancel the other. I always want to make sure I have the new lower priced reservation before I can the other one.

Sharon

Thanks for all the Info. Saved us $31. Conant is only 3 miles from us.:)