Margaritaville Ocho Rios Prices?

ABQmom

We are considering spending some time at Margaritaville in Ocho Rios and letting the kids enjoy the pool and beach, but I can't find prices anywhere. We are looking at this as a low cost alternative to Sunset Grande AI, but since I don't have any ideas what the prices are like I don't know if it will be a good deal or not.

If anyone has been there lately and can tell me how much a cheeseburger in paradise costs, soft drinks, and your typical mixed drink that would be very helpful.

As well as prices I would love to know if you enjoyed it, were hassled on the beach, and if you would go back?

We enjoyed Margaritaville in Ocho Rios, and the shopping area you walk through to get there. Very shady and pleasant, not aggressive. Some artisans there too. Prices weren't cheap, but not outrageous either - I don't remember exactly - but portions are very large. Super nachos! 3 of us shared and didn't eat them all. Cheeseburgers are huge. You can share them too. The beach area is small, and I waded in the water but didn't try to swim. Very annoying vendors kept everyone off the beach. Pool is fine though, and there is a gift shop for t-shirts and souvenirs.

We were at that Margaritaville in MoBay last year. Myself, husband, 5 and 7 year old. Lunch, 3 or 4 mixed drinks, and smoothie type drinks for the kids (1 each) was around $100 with tip.

How far of a walk is it from where the ship docks and can you see it from the dock?

At the Margaritaville in Ocho Rios at what they call the Ship's Pier it's in Island Village which is right there and you can see the ship quite nearby.

At the Bond Pier it is a bit farther ... several blocks (maybe 5 minutes for slow walkers) ... not bothered by pesky vendors except for taxi drivers.

We walked down but did take a $5 (for us both) taxi back to Bond Pier.

Most cruise ships dock at the Ship's Pier. We've only docked at the Bond Pier once.

LuLu

~~~