ES question Regarding Carnival Perks

b_cruise

i am ES booked with a booking on a cruise obc. I see Carnival is offering some obc and excursion credits for new bookings. The price is the same as I am paying but carnival has added dome extra perks. Can I get these perks?

Also, can u transfer a ES booking to a travel agent?

You should be able to switch to the new fares and get the perks. Your OBC, for booking while on a cruise should switch to the new fare code. Just call your PVP and make sure they switch it. I, personally, would not switch my ES to a TA. All price drops must go through them and some TA's will not submit them.

I use a TA and have gotten several price drops. If you plan on switching to a TA, make sure you find out if they have an issue processing price drops. They certainly should not. Also, I believe you have to do the switching within the first 30 days of the reservation. As far as the OBC, you should be able to switch to that new pricing. Just call Carnival.

Just got off the phone with carnival in case anyone want this info... ( wow that girl was NICE )!!!!

Have to transfer booking to T A within 90 days of first booking. All obc' s do go to new booking. And carnival said to absolutely" go for it " if u can find a TA that gives you more perks!!

Good to know for next time!

She also would of given me the excursion credits but it was not available for my cruise apparently.

I booked with a travel agent (same price as Carnival site but the TA offered OBC).

I booked Early Saver, and then added another person, so some changes.....

First my TA said he switched me to the newest promotion, so I could switch names on the cabins without penalty.

Then, he said he was mislead about that, Early Saver is always Early Saver. So, I just kept the names the same instead of switching out so the girls were in one room and boys in another (on paper, we will switch onboard). It would have been a fee per name change, so not worth it.

Yesterday I saw a small price drop (15 per person), so I filled in the price drop form. Oops, the Travel Agent has to do it, not me.

So, I sent the info to the travel agent, who called and got the price drop credited to my account. I have already paid in full. The credit was made to my card, not as OBC. (I thought it would be OBC since I had paid in full)

The agent sent me a note saying he was able to switch the booking to the new promotion and didn't need to fill out the early saver paperwork, so the credit would be to the card, instead of OBC. (this sounds like deja vu to me, but whatever). I got a new invoice showing the new price and the credit.

I don't have a personal relationship with the TA, it is a large company and I picked them solely for the OBC they offered, making their price lower than any other I could find. I haven't been dazzled by the service, but I am not unhappy. I am not finding them to be experts on Carnival cruises, but I read conflicting reports on Cruise Critic from those dealing directly with Carnival, so maybe it all depends on who you talk to.

I am confused as to what my actual booking promotion is.... but thinking it is still Early Saver and if there are any other drops, I will ask the agent to submit them. I am not really expecting any, it is a June cruise....but I will keep checking, because I find that fun!:D

"The agent sent me a note saying he was able to switch the booking to the new promotion and didn't need to fill out the early saver paperwork, so the credit would be to the card, instead of OBC. (this sounds like deja vu to me, but whatever). I got a new invoice showing the new price and the credit."

This doesn't sound right. As I understand it, once ES you will always be ES. Hope the TA hasn't actually changed your booking code.

"The agent sent me a note saying he was able to switch the booking to the new promotion and didn't need to fill out the early saver paperwork, so the credit would be to the card, instead of OBC. (this sounds like deja vu to me, but whatever). I got a new invoice showing the new price and the credit."

This doesn't sound right. As I understand it, once ES you will always be ES. Hope the TA hasn't actually changed your booking code.

I know! And, I was actually after final payment, so if I wasn't early saver I shouldn't have gotten any credit, right?

I think this agent is either very new, or very unfamiliar with Carnival. My original booking info says "early saver", and I think you are right, once ES, always ES.

Plus, the price drop paperwork is minimal!

I am so confused by the ES, as there was $40 pp price difference when I checked fares yesterday (I am booked ES). I filled out the form online and got an email saying I was approved for the credit. However apparently I was switched to this higher fare that showed I owed money, but gained $80 pp in excursion credits. This showed up in a new email confirmation. Not what I asked for...and I am already booked on my own for excursions. I was on the phone for a half hour to get it switched back to ES, and no OBC was given....

I need to call them back but the whole thing gave me a headache...

I am so confused by the ES, as there was $40 pp price difference when I checked fares yesterday (I am booked ES). I filled out the form online and got an email saying I was approved for the credit. However apparently I was switched to this higher fare that showed I owed money, but gained $80 pp in excursion credits. This showed up in a new email confirmation. Not what I asked for...and I am already booked on my own for excursions. I was on the phone for a half hour to get it switched back to ES, and no OBC was given....

I need to call them back but the whole thing gave me a headache...

YIKES! So maybe you can be switched from ES?

Is your bill 40 per person less now or back to the original?