Which Beach?

SPB216

We will be arriving to St Maarten on the Getaway and would love to do either Mullet Bay or Orient Bch before heading to Maho Beach in the afternoon. Any thoughts on which shouldn't be missed?

Are the taxis easy to come by at either beach when we are ready to leave?

We arrive at approx 8 am so I'm thinking we'll be off the ship by 9 at the latest. Is the trip to Orient very as its referred to the other side of the Island from where we dock?

We will be arriving to St Maarten on the Getaway and would love to do either Mullet Bay or Orient Bch before heading to Maho Beach in the afternoon. Any thoughts on which shouldn't be missed?

Are the taxis easy to come by at either beach when we are ready to leave?

We arrive at approx 8 am so I'm thinking we'll be off the ship by 9 at the latest. Is the trip to Orient very as its referred to the other side of the Island from where we dock?

My suggestion would be to taxi to the beautiful Mullet Bay Beach and around 11 or 12 depending on the plane schedule for your particular day, walk the less than 15 minutes to Maho and taxi back with plenty of time left for traffic congestion.

My suggestion would be to taxi to the beautiful Mullet Bay Beach and around 11 or 12 depending on the plane schedule for your particular day, walk the less than 15 minutes to Maho and taxi back with plenty of time left for traffic congestion.

I second what Karysa said. Mullet Bay beach is absolutely beautiful, and a quick walk to Maho to see the planes. We watched the planes from 11:30 - 2:ish then headed back to front street for some shopping.

Orient is great but it is on the opposite end of the island. We rented a car for the day at just $60 U.S. and spent the afternoon exploring the French side, including lunch in Grand case, the culinary capital of the Caribbean on the way to Orient. I guess the planes are the main attraction at Maho... You can get to Orient from the port in about 20 to 25 minutes by car or taxi. Whatever you do, enjoy your cruise.

I second what Karysa said. Mullet Bay beach is absolutely beautiful, and a quick walk to Maho to see the planes. We watched the planes from 11:30 - 2:ish then headed back to front street for some shopping.

I have to agree with both Karysa and gnatz007 and I have actually walked from Mullet to Maho and it was quick and easy and safe. Mullet is beautiful and chairs and umbrellas are very reasonable to rent there.

Mullet Bay is beautiful, but so is Orient. Orient is much busier and thats why I like it

The OP is looking to do a Mullet -Maho combo or Orient-Maho combo. Both Orient and Mullet are beautiful beaches but the geography strongly points towards doing Mullet along with Maho. You cut down on taxi fare and traffic and and you get to spend more time at the beach.:)

Ive never been to the other beach you posted or Maho beach. My first time last year in St martens we went to Orient beach, it was nice but it was too commerical and annoying you could not relax people were trying to sell you stuff. it was nice other than that.

Next time I am there i am going to Maho beach for sure

Ive never been to the other beach you posted or Maho beach. My first time last year in St martens we went to Orient beach, it was nice but it was too commerical and annoying you could not relax people were trying to sell you stuff. it was nice other than that.

Next time I am there i am going to Maho beach for sure

There were people trying to sell straw hats at Mullet, but it didn't annoy me. I was more annoyed that I didn't have any extra dollars on me to buy one.

Maho is definitely an experience that you need to have because of the planes. The beach itself is tiny, rocky, crowded, and when I was there in May 2012 there were HUGE drop offs just feet from shore. I had to get out of the water because it was so rough and dangerous.

Are there amentities to rent, food and drink or any water toys? Like small catamarans ,jet ski's stuff like that?

Thanks.

At Mullet beach.

Food, Drinks, Chairs, Umbrella's. Didnt see anywhere to rent toys.

Are there amentities to rent, food and drink or any water toys? Like small catamarans ,jet ski's stuff like that?

Thanks.

At Mullet beach.

gnatz is correct, no toys to rent, but I saw several big catamarans that anchored out in the bay and off loaded snorkelers. Maybe try to book an excursion on one.

• 3 weeks later...
gnatz is correct, no toys to rent, but I saw several big catamarans that anchored out in the bay and off loaded snorkelers. Maybe try to book an excursion on one.

We've done that, we actually found watching the people on the beach more interesting than the snorkeling.

Burt