Getaway Illusionarium-worth the money?

connolk

Hi - cruising on the Getaway 4/19-4/26. I noticed there is a "book ahead" option for the Illusionarium show: has anyone seen it, and is it worth the cost for the "premium" seating vs standard?

The show is very good. I can't answer your question on the value of premium seating. That was not an option on the transatlantic. I will say we ended up one table back from the stage and I can't imagine what if anything guests could see from the back of the room.

Hi - cruising on the Getaway 4/19-4/26. I noticed there is a "book ahead" option for the Illusionarium show: has anyone seen it, and is it worth the cost for the "premium" seating vs standard?

For the $5 difference in price, definately worth it. The show was great!

There is currently a 20% discount if you go to the show on embarkation night.

We saw the show a couple weeks ago, and honestly, I don't know whether we had premium or standard seats. We had prebooked online the day reservations opened at $39 per person, the only choice. I assumed this was for premium seating which was what I wanted. On looking at our statement upon returning home, I saw that on the first day of the cruise they refunded our $39 fees and recharged $29. We did not see the show until Wednesday. I was a little ticked that they did this with no explanation.

We were at a long table in the back of the room facing the stage. At least we did not get a stiff neck turning our heads. We could see everything just fine. The show is a little slow at the beginning, but picks up speed. The final act is hilarious. The steak was even pretty good. Better than the one at Cirque on Epic.

If I ever went again, I think I'd just go for the standard tickets and save $20 for a couple Mojitos! The curved banquettes look nice.

We **loved** the Illusionarium. It's like nothing else at sea.

And it's very well done.

Don't tell NCL this: we probably would have paid for the show alone. Really.

It's that good. Dinner is merely a bonus.

But we'll never let Kevin Sheehan know that!!!