E-ticket online check-in query

Rceived my e ticket the other day with usual instructions to print etc.

The next paragraph said we will do online check-in and print out boarding cards.

So if we do our own boarding cards surely I don't have to print the tickets as they then become surplus to requirements?:confused:

Has anyone done online check-in yet or has it just started?

Edited by happy v

The next paragraph said we will do online check-in and print out boarding cards.

So if we do our own boarding cards surely I don't have to print the tickets as they then become surplus to requirements?

Hi happy v

Was just saying to DH at tea time that I hadn't read if your tickets had arrived at the beginning of the week.

In answer to your question re online check-in, I seem to remember reading somewhere that online and day before check-in is not done for the Caribbean flights. Something to do with the luggage being sealed until it arrives on the ship. No doubt someone else will be able to confirm this.:)

I read no on-line check in for flying to join a Thomson Caribbean cruise due to baggage and medical screening requirements.....I'm a bit puzzled about the medical screening requirements bit?

Hi barnowl

I think they give you the medical form at the airport instead of when you are boarding the bus on the way to the ship. It's probably to make sure no-one is travelling on the plane with a contagious illness. Not that it stops some folk.:eek:

On one of the crossings on the Destiny norovirus was brought out on the plane and it was grounded and fumigated before they took take the passengers off the ship back to the UK. There was a delay of several hours because of it. The offending party (it was a large party) refused to stay in their cabins for the allotted period and were eventually put off the ship at the first port. Apparently it was noticed a couple of the party had spent most of the flight going back and forward to the loos.:eek:

Hi barnowl

I think they give you the medical form at the airport instead of when you are boarding the bus on the way to the ship. It's probably to make sure no-one is travelling on the plane with a contagious illness. Not that it stops some folk.:eek:

On one of the crossings on the Destiny norovirus was brought out on the plane and it was grounded and fumigated before they took take the passengers off the ship back to the UK. There was a delay of several hours because of it. The offending party (it was a large party) refused to stay in their cabins for the allotted period and were eventually put off the ship at the first port. Apparently it was noticed a couple of the party had spent most of the flight going back and forward to the loos.:eek:

Thanks for the info skioncruises it all makes sense now...it's just that I never thought of that. Shows we're not very experienced cruisers. Was going to ask TA, no need now. As for the rest...well I'm lost for words really...glad they were put off the ship tho, serves them right.

The way I read it is, you print out your boarding cards yourself, then on the day of departure you only need to go to Thomson bag drop point.

There is no need for any other check in, you just go straight through security.

No day before drop off when going to the Caribbean and Thomson Dream.

I hope that is how it's done.

So if we do our own boarding cards surely I don't have to print the tickets as they then become surplus to requirements?:confused:

yep...same as that happy...bit confusing:confused:...I have decided that a boarding pass printed at online checkin should suffice (i'll probably end up taking the tickets as well just in case.....and thereby pre empting ms magots probable instructions) :rolleyes:

I havnt done online checkin yet...but I will be next week....wish me luck:confused::)

yep...same as that happy...bit confusing:confused:...I have decided that a boarding pass printed at online checkin should suffice (i'll probably end up taking the tickets as well just in case.....and thereby pre empting ms magots probable instructions) :rolleyes:

I havnt done online checkin yet...but I will be next week....wish me luck:confused::)

Well that will be good for me as you can tell me how it goes when you get back.:)

Hi happy v

Was just saying to DH at tea time that I hadn't read if your tickets had arrived at the beginning of the week.

In answer to your question re online check-in, I seem to remember reading somewhere that online and day before check-in is not done for the Caribbean flights. Something to do with the luggage being sealed until it arrives on the ship. No doubt someone else will be able to confirm this.:)

The tickets did arrive early monday morning but a few unexpected events prevented me from looking at them until yesterday.

Does it not say in your 'my thomson' site that you have online check-in?

The tickets did arrive early monday morning but a few unexpected events prevented me from looking at them until yesterday.

Does it not say in your 'my thomson' site that you have online check-in?

Hi happy v

I read the eticket from first to last page but discounted the bit about online check-in as, knowing that day before baggage drop was excluded for the Caribbean, it did not apply.:eek: Whoops. Guess I got it wrong so in two weeks time I will print off the required paperwork.

Thomson really are a bit vague about some of the changes they are making. Normally before checking in we are greeted by someone with labels with our cabin numbers which have to be put on the luggage before it goes to the plane. Don't know if someone will now be waiting at baggage drop off.:confused: Only time will tell.:)

Hi happy v

I read the eticket from first to last page but discounted the bit about online check-in as, knowing that day before baggage drop was excluded for the Caribbean, it did not apply.:eek: Whoops. Guess I got it wrong so in two weeks time I will print off the required paperwork.

Thomson really are a bit vague about some of the changes they are making. Normally before checking in we are greeted by someone with labels with our cabin numbers which have to be put on the luggage before it goes to the plane. Don't know if someone will now be waiting at baggage drop off.:confused: Only time will tell.:)

I'd forgotten about the cabin no.

It must be done at baggage drop as there are no luggage labels now so no way to tell who owns which case. That means there will still be a queue, however I supose one queue is better than two queues.;)

Hi there - we have just returned from the Dream - we checked in online and printed our boarding cards at home before departure for outward and inward. However on the outward, the bag drop (I'm talking of Birmingham airport) was the check in - so you still had to queue up - and then they still did the same as check in. We were also given normal boarding cards too!!??

Anyway, the inward we arrived at the airport, ignored the check in desks and went straight through to the gates using our printed boarding cards. Worked fine.

Note - you will definitely need to check in online - on the Dream there were lots of announcements asking people to use the computers in the Library (FOC) to check in if you hadn't already done so.

Hope this helps....

Hi there - we have just returned from the Dream - we checked in online and printed our boarding cards at home before departure for outward and inward. However on the outward, the bag drop (I'm talking of Birmingham airport) was the check in - so you still had to queue up - and then they still did the same as check in. We were also given normal boarding cards too!!??

Anyway, the inward we arrived at the airport, ignored the check in desks and went straight through to the gates using our printed boarding cards. Worked fine.

Note - you will definitely need to check in online - on the Dream there were lots of announcements asking people to use the computers in the Library (FOC) to check in if you hadn't already done so.

Hope this helps....

Thanks for that info bobbingabout.

We are flying from Manchester for the first time. Perhaps someone who has just come back can clarify what the procedure is there. Thank you.:)

I checked in online this morning for my flight to barbados (it was easy)

so I have my boarding cards printed off but I cant see having the boarding cards already making much of a difference at the bag drop?

they still have to tag your baggage with cabin numbers for onward transportation to the ship and I guess they will still be giving us the health declarations to fill in along with the envelope for checkin at the ship....so there will still be the same queues at the airport imo

they have to go into the shop or call their ta and get them to do it.....ridiculous really...there should be an option to checkin at the airport (especially if you have to check in your bag anyway)

just a thought tho....do thoms have any machines at the airport where you can checkin and print off boarding cards?

they have to go into the shop or call their ta and get them to do it.....ridiculous really...there should be an option to checkin at the airport (especially if you have to check in your bag anyway)

just a thought tho....do thoms have any machines at the airport where you can checkin and print off boarding cards?

Think I read on FB that a Thomson shop is charging £5 for completing API :eek:

Think I read on FB that a Thomson shop is charging £5 for completing API :eek:

There's a note in the back of the brochure stating if you want to do manual check-in thomsons reserve the right to charge you.

I'm just back from the Dream and had a lovely time but there was chaos on the ship and at the airport regarding online booking in.

I was on the Newcastle flight so other airports could have been different.

First of all we were asked to use the terminals in the Dream Library to enter information and print off our own boarding cards. I went 4 times and there was a queue there each time and people unable to complete the process as the system could not cope. The last time I went there were only a few there so I joined the queue and a man who had successfully printed his boarding cards showed a few of us what to do.

Everything went fine until I had to enter my e-mail number .....and then nothing happened, not even a little circle going round and round. It would not let me go any further.

A girl from reception came and in-putted her e-mail address (could have been a ship address) and it let her into the system and we completed it and printed off the boarding cards. But it meant wasting hours on our last full day on board.

Then, unbelievably, possibly because of a change of plane and a 4 hour delay, we had to queue up at the airport to check in again and get new boarding cards!! :mad: People were not very happy! But we got a good, safe flight home and we were kept on the Dream for the 4 hours delay. I'm trying to be positive about it. ;)

I wouldn't be happy either Jackie.

I want to spend the last day of my holiday doing what I want, not queuing for a ticket that should be provided before.

What would have happened if you hadn't have done this?

I am sure they will not have refused to let you fly.

Can just see the headline in the Mail... Cruise ships passengers left stranded by Thomson's.

I wouldn't be happy either Jackie.

I want to spend the last day of my holiday doing what I want, not queuing for a ticket that should be provided before.

What would have happened if you hadn't have done this?

I am sure they will not have refused to let you fly.

Can just see the headline in the Mail... Cruise ships passengers left stranded by Thomson's.

At least one couple refused to waste their time doing it and their boarding cards were delivered to their cabin. Apparently, as they were having so much trouble with the slow internet, staff from the ship completed the online forms on land in port for those who had not or been unable to do so. They said it will be ok when they get over the teething problems.