1st time NCL on the Star/Elite Princess

cruiser boo

We are on the NCL Star to Mexico on March 30 for 1 week. As princess elite we are spoiled but none the less have questions & look forward to NCL.

How is the exercise room on the Star? open 24 hrs?

How is the entertainment? IE: comedians not the shows?

How is the Star for sunning? Are there chair hogs?

We generally eat late will that be good for us or do we still need reservations? We like Traditional late.

Can we board early if we want IE: noon like we do on Princess.

Will NCL accommodate general food requests in the dining room? IE: we always get artichoke hearts as a side on Princess to add to salads etc. If we like a particular waiter can we request him/her for all nights & a time?

Any other need to knows? We appreciate any & all comments.

We have a mini-suite---any benefits worth mentioning that come with that?

I can not answer all your questions but I can a few.

As to Check-in and boarding. They will usually start checking in people around 10:30 and then give you a number. Once they are ready to start boarding they will call people in groups by their number. We have gotten onto all of our cruises around noon

Chair Hogs- Well you will most likely run into those but the Star has a nice upper deck with chairs that are usually open and also has an "Adult" only hot tub and loungers on the front of the ship.

With NCL you can eat when you want to. So if you want dinner at 7:30 then just show up, tell them how many and they will seat you when a table is ready. If they are full, they will give you a pager so you do not have to just sit there. There is also boards all over the ship that will tell you how full each restaurant is. There are 2 main dining rooms so you should be fine. I have never asked for anything extra or special so I can not help you there.

Mini-Suites are not suites. They get no perks. There has been a lot of discussion on these boards as to why they call them that. A little misleading.

Hope it helps some. Im sure someone else will come along and answer more of your questions.

We are on the NCL Star to Mexico on March 30 for 1 week. As princess elite we are spoiled but none the less have questions & look forward to NCL.

How is the exercise room on the Star? open 24 hrs?

How is the entertainment? IE: comedians not the shows?

How is the Star for sunning? Are there chair hogs?

We generally eat late will that be good for us or do we still need reservations? We like Traditional late.

Can we board early if we want IE: noon like we do on Princess.

Will NCL accommodate general food requests in the dining room? IE: we always get artichoke hearts as a side on Princess to add to salads etc. If we like a particular waiter can we request him/her for all nights & a time?

Any other need to knows? We appreciate any & all comments.

We have a mini-suite---any benefits worth mentioning that come with that?

Exercise room is fine, treadmills, elliptical, bikes, weight machines and free weights. They are not open 24 hours. I think it is six to eleven.

Waiters rotate throughout the various restaurants on the ship, it's hard to pin one down.

I love the Star and I hope you enjoy your cruise!