Are the Carnival Magic bars open on port days?

bigmandog

We are planning on staying on the ship in Belize and I am wondering if anyone has been on this cruise that knows if the bars stay open all day. We can't imagine a day with Cheers and no open bars!!!! Thanks

Beachlover76, what did you do in Belize? We've never been but I've read the forums and decided we could sit that one out due to the long tender. If I'm missing out that's not good. Let me know, please

We have been to Belize numerous times and I encourage you. Or to miss it. Some of the best snorkeling around. We also did a River Wallace tour which was amazing. The Mayan ruins are also very interesting.

The tender isn't that bad!

Beachlover76, what did you do in Belize? We've never been but I've read the forums and decided we could sit that one out due to the long tender. If I'm missing out that's not good. Let me know, please

Belize is a wonderful place. I'm even thinking about retiring there one day. The tender isn't a big deal - think of it as another excursion! People pay for boat rides and you get to ride through gorgeous water in the Caribbean on one!

Don't go into Belize without a plan. The comments you see about it being dirty and unsafe come from Belize City. It would be like dropping someone in the most blighted part of a big U.S. city like Detroit or D.C. or Miami and letting them form their entire opinion of the U.S. based on it.

Find an excursion....if you are into water stuff the outlying islands have incredible snorkeling. For the mainlaind (you are on mainland Central America and not an island in Belize City) you can go cave tubing, see lots of Mayan ruins (Xunantunich is one the best tours I've ever done,) see wildlife preserves, waterfalls, beautiful mountains, and meet some of the most wonderful and warm people ever. If you're into chocolate at all, stop by Moho Chocolate on the pier for the best chocolate I've ever had and a demonstration of chocolate making. All Belize grown and organic.

The problem with Belize is that people get off the ship expecting the typical overdeveloped Caribbean port with all the same Senor Frogs-Hard-Rock-Margaritavile chains like Cozumel, Cayman, etc. and no plan. Instead they get a small tourist village and a run-down Central American city and freak out. It's a spot you really need a tour. Get out of the city and Belize is a great place. No, you're not in Kansas anymore..... you're in Central America... and that's a good thing in my book! :)

And yes, if I still haven't convinced you, the bars are open on ship. :p:D

I agree with VACRUIZER…Belize is a beautiful country but the port needs to be explored with a shore excursion (with or without the ship) or a taxi driver. The port town where the tenders drop you is not your typical tourist developed area. It is poor and the children are obviously needy and follow you around asking for handouts. They are usually polite & very sweet, but some can get rowdy.

I would advise a little research of excursions on the Belize page of Cruise Critic will go along way to your enjoyment of this wonderfully cultural and natural country. It is worth the tender ride every time.

But then again, who can beat a relaxing day onboard a Carnival ship?

For a first timer, I would definitely say "get out and experience Belize with a tour".

Enjoy!

Belize is a wonderful place. I'm even thinking about retiring there one day. The tender isn't a big deal - think of it as another excursion! People pay for boat rides and you get to ride through gorgeous water in the Caribbean on one!

Don't go into Belize without a plan. The comments you see about it being dirty and unsafe come from Belize City. It would be like dropping someone in the most blighted part of a big U.S. city like Detroit or D.C. or Miami and letting them form their entire opinion of the U.S. based on it.

Find an excursion....if you are into water stuff the outlying islands have incredible snorkeling. For the mainlaind (you are on mainland Central America and not an island in Belize City) you can go cave tubing, see lots of Mayan ruins (Xunantunich is one the best tours I've ever done,) see wildlife preserves, waterfalls, beautiful mountains, and meet some of the most wonderful and warm people ever. If you're into chocolate at all, stop by Moho Chocolate on the pier for the best chocolate I've ever had and a demonstration of chocolate making. All Belize grown and organic.

The problem with Belize is that people get off the ship expecting the typical overdeveloped Caribbean port with all the same Senor Frogs-Hard-Rock-Margaritavile chains like Cozumel, Cayman, etc. and no plan. Instead they get a small tourist village and a run-down Central American city and freak out. It's a spot you really need a tour. Get out of the city and Belize is a great place. No, you're not in Kansas anymore..... you're in Central America... and that's a good thing in my book! :)

And yes, if I still haven't convinced you, the bars are open on ship. :p:D

Thank you so much for this. We have an upcoming cruise with Belize being one of the ports and I was really starting to worry. Now I'm excited!!!:)

I had read that the tender was really long too, but it was only 15 minutes, and the view was awesome, just like the other poster said, its like a free boat ride with fantastic views. Google Caye Caulker, and look on You tube for Caye Caulker for more insight. That's what we did, before we left on the cruise, plus some of my friends spend a whole week there. Its a really cool place like you have never seen probably, lots of little restaurants, small hotels, bars, places to snorkel, swim and just enjoy the experience. It was about 89 degrees there too.

We took the San Pedro boat taxi round trip to there for 22.50. Lots of fun too.

That is a 40 minute ride, but it only seemed like 20. otherwise you are stuck in Belize City to shop and eat, have drinks.

I still liked it a lot, one of my favorite ports now besides Cayman Islands.