Villalobas after getting off Elation

maldenmusic

We are cruising out of NOLA again this June-it has become our favorite (and closest) port. This year we plan to visit the Villalobas Rescue Center (rescue used in Pitbulls and Parolees) as soon as we disembark. My experiences with NOLA have always been just to jump on the highway and head north to Interstate 55 to drive home. Anyone have good, easy directions to Villalobas from the port? I tend to be somewhat directionally challenged. :DThanks.

It is on North Claiborne near the Industrial Canal, not that far from the cruise terminal but a really out-of-the way location, and I don't know if they would be open on a weekend.

They have a website with a map and contact information.

It is on North Claiborne near the Industrial Canal, not that far from the cruise terminal but a really out-of-the way location, and I don't know if they would be open on a weekend.

They have a website with a map and contact information.

Thank you....yes they have tour hours on Saturdays and we plan to go straight from the port there. I don't have GPS in my car but surely I can find it with a good map.

It is really easy to get to Villalobos from the port.

Drive out the port parking lot on Henderson St. to Convention Center Blvd. Take a right on Convention Center Blvd. Go a couple of blocks till you cross under the expressway then take a left on Calliope St. Go 3 blocks then take the exit left up onto the expressway. Take the expressway to the I-10 East exit and take a right and go down I-10 to the 3rd exit which will be the North Claiborne exit.

Continue up North Claiborne. About 4 blocks up there is a little zigzag to the right and then the name changes to North Robertson. Keep going straight up North Robertson for about 24 blocks till you come to Poland Ave. At Poland the main traffic goes slightly to the left and up a bridge but you will keep to the right and keep going straight on North Robertson for 2 more blocks till you come to Japonica and take a left. Go under the bridge then take another left on North Claiborne. Villalobos will be just ahead on your right.

It isn't nearly as complicated as it seems. :D

It is really easy to get to Villalobos from the port.

Drive out the port parking lot on Henderson St. to Convention Center Blvd. Take a right on Convention Center Blvd. Go a couple of blocks till you cross under the expressway then take a left on Calliope St. Go 3 blocks then take the exit left up onto the expressway. Take the expressway to the I-10 East exit and take a right and go down I-10 to the 3rd exit which will be the North Claiborne exit.

Continue up North Claiborne. About 4 blocks up there is a little zigzag to the right and then the name changes to North Robertson. Keep going straight up North Robertson for about 24 blocks till you come to Poland Ave. At Poland the main traffic goes slightly to the left and up a bridge but you will keep to the right and keep going straight on North Robertson for 2 more blocks till you come to Japonica and take a left. Go under the bridge then take another left on North Claiborne. Villalobos will be just ahead on your right.

It isn't nearly as complicated as it seems. :D

Thank you so much-this is exactly what I needed!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are just released VRC Rescue New Orleans Hours

Tuesday - Friday (noon - 3pm) and Saturday (11am - 2pm)

I don’t know how much extra time you have, but don't forget to go have a drink and some food for the dogs at Tahyo Bar. Here is VRC site which has both. http://www.vrcpitbull.net/dog/

I am thinking for my 50th b-day to visit and take a cruise. Never been to NOLA. It would be a great bucket list item to cross off!

Here are just released VRC Rescue New Orleans Hours

Tuesday - Friday (noon - 3pm) and Saturday (11am - 2pm)

I don’t know how much extra time you have, but don't forget to go have a drink and some food for the dogs at Tahyo Bar. Here is VRC site which has both. http://www.vrcpitbull.net/dog/

I am thinking for my 50th b-day to visit and take a cruise. Never been to NOLA. It would be a great bucket list item to cross off!

Thanks we will have to consider going for a drink. If not we'll just leave an extra donation at VRC.