is it worth a $1000 to upgrade to owners suite form villa courtyard for 9 day cruise

dmf208

thanks for the reply...We did it!!! Can't wait to go.

You'll love it! We took an upsell to the Gem OS on our first cruise. I loved having two balconies! I spent a lot of time out there. Also liked the fact that besides the 3 free bottles of liquor we also got free sodas and bottled water. Fantastic suite! Enjoy.

Its all a matter of personal preference.

I love the owners suite and would stay in that cabin if it was up in the haven. that is why I prefer the courtyard villa because the haven is right outside your door.

There is easy access to the treats and goodies left all day and I can just walk right out of my room and get some coffer, juice, cold water etc.

Just to let you know if you are on a jewel class ship the shade on the window in the bathroom that faces the side balcony is rather transparent and you can see everyone's business if you happen to be on the balcony and they in the bathroom. I learned this the hard way. It was rather shocking but hilarious to find this out when I was on the balcony of my friends cabin and she going to take a shower. We laugh about it still. Well, she doesn't but my other friend whose cabin it actually was does.

Edited by johnsak123

Congrats on scoring the Owners suite!!! Can someone explain the up sell for me. Are you paying $1000 each or in total, and is that subject to added taxes? For example, your original price + tax, and now $1000 above that total, and more taxes.

I often read people getting these great deals, but I am never sure if the offer is just slightly lower than the price would have been at the time I originally book (and couldn't afford it, LOL) or if it is below or at the current asking price.

As the cruise date gets closer, I get an "anything goes" state of mind, so I would like to know if offered a "big" up sell, if it really was a deal.

Thanks & happy cruising all

Edited by JuneauMe

Congrats on scoring the Owners suite!!! Can someone explain the up sell for me. Are you paying $1000 each or in total, and is that subject to added taxes? For example, your original price + tax, and now $1000 above that total, and more taxes.

I often read people getting these great deals, but I am never sure if the offer is just slightly lower than the price would have been at the time I originally book (and couldn't afford it, LOL) or if it is below or at the current asking price.

As the cruise date gets closer, I get an "anything goes" state of mind, so I would like to know if offered a "big" up sell, if it really was a deal.

Thanks & happy cruising all

When we took an upsell to the owners suite on our Jade cruise we paid a total price of $750 and nothing else to upgrade. We paid something like $6,000 for the suite we originally booked(at that time the owners suite was priced at $10k) so after the upsell we ended up paying $6750 for the owners suite which I think was a great deal.

Edited by Bocadude85

When we took an upsell to the owners suite on our Jade cruise we paid a total price of $750 and nothing else to upgrade. We paid something like $6,000 for the suite we originally booked(at that time the owners suite was priced at $10k) so after the upsell we ended up paying $6750 for the owners suite which I think was a great deal.

WOW!!! That is a "suite" deal!!! Thank you for the info. Now I get to watch for price drops, LOL