8 year cruising hiatus.... I'm back and need some help~

Amink

my last cruise was in Nov of 2005. holy cow! It has been too long.

But we had a baby or 3 and are now ready to start thinking about a family cruise.

We are looking at late 2015 out of Baltimore on Carnival Pride. Our Kids will be at the time 9,7, and 3.

HELP! I feel like a newbie! What do I do? Tips, tricks, insight to Pride.

Anything you can tell me, please do! :D

My advice is to read all you can before you leave. Join the Roll Call for your sailing. It's a good bet that there will be Roll Call members who have sailed the Pride previously and can share information with you. The Pride is a beautiful ship with excellent staff. I'm sure you will have a fabulous cruise.

But we had a baby or 3 and are now ready to start thinking about a family cruise.

We are looking at late 2015 out of Baltimore on Carnival Pride. Our Kids will be at the time 9,7, and 3.

Welcome back! Was it carnival you sailed on before? Because honestly, there have not been a lot of earth shattering changes over the last eight years. There is a gigantic incredibly loud TV, some new menus, a loud DJ instead of steel drums, a burger joint and a Red Frog...that's about it!

Kidding of course. The experience has changed a little in last 10 years or so but you will get back in the swing pretty quick. I agree with the person who posted before me. Read these boards, post specific questions when you have them. And if your cruise has a roll call or FB group join it, it is a wonderful way to re-familiarize yourself with cruising and meet the folks you are sailing with at the same time!

And brush up on your "electric slide"!

Again, welcome back and enjoy your cruise!:)

I love the Pride. She was my first ship out of Port Canaveral in 2002. We also cruised on her in 2008 out of Long Beach and in 2011 out of Baltimore. She has been around. You will notice a difference in the Carnival product. It has changed. Some changes are for the better and some not but this will be up to each person to decide.

I do not think I would survive that long without a cruise! LOL

My boys are 6 and 9 and we will be on the Dream this August and are considering the Pride for the end of August 2015. The older one just misses too much to pull him out of school for a week, so this is the most economical for us. If you sail after us would be happy to fill you in! If you sail same time maybe the kids will play! ;0)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app