Holland tulip time cruise 2006

ROOSA ROGER

Hi, we just did our 1st River Cruise "Tulips and Windmills", 10 day cruise with Viking Lines and we loved every moment of the cruise. We were on the Viking Neptune and the staff were excellent. The vessel was very comfortable. They offer daily tours to the different cities and their tour guides spoke very good english. We recommend them highly and are looking forward to booking another River Cruise with them in 2006. Cruising Julie

Guest Jancruz

Hi Julie..we have just booked eastern Europe for 15 days on the Neptune, October 2006..glad to hear it was comfotable..

Anything else you can tell us about the ship and the cabins I would appreciate

Jan:)

We just did Holland Belgium in April with Grand Circle - it was great. Our 3rd river cruise -2nd with GCT

You cannot go wrong with Viking, Vantage or GCT. I don't know about Avalon. We like the room layout with GCT and they offer complementry wine with dinner.

Hi,

I am a Cruise Director on the Avalon cruises. One of the reasons you might not get that many replies on the Tulip Cruise about Avalon is that we are a relative new company. I see that most replies concern our competitors. I assure you, that we have the newest ships, the largest cabins and very experienced Cruise Staff including Cruise Directors.

You won't be disapointed.

Which ever cruiseline you decide on; enjoy your stay in Holand and Belgium and maybe we'll meet in the 2006 season. I will certainly conduct several of our (Avalon) tulip cruises.

Heintje

Hi hope to meet you on my wonderfull cruise thru holland and belgium. One of the reasons I took an avalon cruise is because I found out they are connected with globus. I have taken quite a few globus tours and have always had excellent guides and great tours. Hope to meet you onboard

;)

Good morning Roger,

Just to let you know that I used to be a Globus Tour Director (in Europe) for 22 years befor I was asked to join on the Avalon Cruises. Absolutely no regrets there.

Concerning what you will see. Keep in mind that with a relative short cruise like the Tulip cruise. The emphasis is (with all the cruise lines offering this itinerary) on seing the different highlights; the flower areas, cities like Amsterdam, Antwerp etc. That means that a lot of sailing will be during the night, just to cover distance. Only the scenic parts will be done during daytime sailing.

Your river cruise ship will be used as floating hotel, that brings you comfortably to the places worth visiting.

Hope to run into you next season.

good moring thanks for the info I cant wait til i board this cruise. I am surly looking forward to seeing Holland and Belgium and relaxing onboard the ship.

Have you ever visited Portugal? My brother in law is from there and I have been there severaltimes to visit his parents. Its a wonderfull place. hope to meet you onboard :)

Hello Roger,

We do have a safety drill (law, besides the fact that we do want the guests to know where the lifejackets are). It is NOT a safety drill like on the big ships, also don't forget that you sail on a river. If a ship ever would sink, it would get down about 5 feet and only the ower decks would find out. It would just be a matter of getting to the highest deck and wait it out. No life boats needed. Also you're never far away from the riverbanks.

No fear there.

Recently returned from Avalon Poetry...I'm planning on posting a report, but due to a back injury after our return, I'm not able to sit very long...I will get to it...I do want to emphasize that Avalon has crews who are exceptional and charming and Avalon does everything with class... I will go with them again in a heartbeat...Hi to everyone on the Poetry...Carmela

Hello Heintje I have a couple more questions. What time do the ships begin the boarding process? I arrive in Amsterdam about 830am on cruise day. Also what time do they usually disembark?. Will there be food available right sfter we board the ship?.

I hope I am not asking too many questions.

I am looking forward to seeing Holland and learning about the land that my ancestors came to the US from ;)

Morning Roger,

Boarding starts at 4:00 PM. No exceptions. Reason is that the ship disembarks its previous guests in the morning of the same day, when you arrive. The crew needs to clean the ship. You want the ship to look special and well prepared.

Food will be available at 7:00 PM, for the welcome dinner.

When you arrive as early as you do, there will be some optional excursions available that day, so you don't need to just wait. Rijksmuseum, van Gogh museum, Anne Frank museum, or the Dutch windmills.

You can ask any question you like. I might not be available to answere right away however. I am back on cruise (Budapest - Amsterdam) as per tomorrow and have only limited access to the internet.

By the way, I am Dutch and live in Amsterdam.

Good morning Carmela,

I am sorry to hear about your back. I hope it is not too bad. Thanks for the nice posting at the cruisecritics board.

I am off tomorrow again for the next Budapest - Amsterdam cruise. Warm regards also to your husband.

Hendrik

Another quick note....Hendrik is the guru of cruise directors...he must work 30 hour days so that all tours are arranged for the comfort of the passengers;such as, getting in before crowds bombard the sites...exceptional information narrations as you cruise...don't miss the opportunity to travel with him...We've done over 30 cruises and some were Silverseas, Radisson, Oceania, et al, and no cruise director comes close to his attentiveness to detail...Any questions concerning the Poetry, please ask..Carmela

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived