Ultimate Drink Package Question

Cali4niagirl

Hi,

We'll be sailing this May on Norwegian Dawn, I understand both adults in the room need to purchase the package.

Does anyone know if the Ultimate Drink Package is worth it? I'm not a huge drinker but I imagine a few cocktails throughout the day and a couple of glasses of wine over dinner could add up quickly. I see there are set limits on the cost of beer/wine or cocktails but I have NO idea how much a mixed drink would cost (let's just throw out a Pina Colada for giggles)....are they cheaper than the $8.50 max w/ the package or if they're $10.00 is the additional 1.50 added to your bill to settle at the end of the cruise?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ;)

Hi,

We'll be sailing this May on Norwegian Dawn, I understand both adults in the room need to purchase the package.

Does anyone know if the Ultimate Drink Package is worth it? I'm not a huge drinker but I imagine a few cocktails throughout the day and a couple of glasses of wine over dinner could add up quickly. I see there are set limits on the cost of beer/wine or cocktails but I have NO idea how much a mixed drink would cost (let's just throw out a Pina Colada for giggles)....are they cheaper than the $8.50 max w/ the package or if they're $10.00 is the additional 1.50 added to your bill to settle at the end of the cruise?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic, enjoy your cruise.

My DH & I are very moderate drinkers and we know from experience that this package is not for us, however, if you enjoy having a few drinks during the day it might be worth it for you. The break even seems to be about 7 drinks/pp per day.... the cost of the package for 2 adults ends up being $788 for a 7day cruise.

As far as the prices go, if the drink you order is $10, which is over what qualifies, you pay full price for the drink. DOD without the souvenir glass might be within the package guidelines. The bartenders are pretty good and tell you how you can get say a Pina Colada which might be over $10 for less by using different mixes. It might be slightly different but quite good.

I might go with the Vino wine package if you lean towards wine rather than beer or liquor. Is it worth it...only you know but, as you say, it doesn't take much? Just remember that each of you must purchase the package...we ended up spending less than $600 for all extra purchases, alcohol included.

Edited by B6ConMe

There is probably one topic a page that answers that question.

You will better results by reading similar posts.

Not being horrible, just trying to help you get the best from your planned cruise.