Booking question for Europeans...

HI all

I did a quick search on here, but could not find the answer

We are planning on booking a RCCL cruise. We want to use the .com site (American = $), versus the Europe site ( € )

Main reason is that the price is the same, as in say $1000 vs €1000, and I would rather pay $

Do you know if we can use the American site, as I did do a mock booking, and went all the way until payment stage, and said country of residence Ireland?

Do any of you have any experience in this?

We are planning on taking a cruise from Orlando...

And, can anybody please give me a email contact for RCCL booking department?

Thanks

Edited by TheCaveman

Hi Caveman,

RCL won't let you book via them in $ ... Officially you are not supposed to book in $ BUT a lot of US agencies will do it for you ... a few won't but many will. We always, except on one occasion when it was cheaper in sterling, use US TAs to book in $ for us. Another benefit of booking through the US is that you get the better cancellation policy (can cancel up until 3 months beforehand versus losing your deposit if you book through the UK and then want to cancel)

Hth

Thanks OnlyMe for the reply.

Caveman's wife here :) This is exactly how we've been booking our cruises with Carnival and NCL - via their US agent and we've never had any problems. We were just wondering if it's also possible with RCL.

MSC cruise line, for example, reserves the right to cancel your booking if they discover that you've booked with US agent by US fare, but you are not US citizen.

We have used dot com on a number of our cruises, not sure if things have changed. Find a good agent in the US, I'm sure that they would do this for you. Sorry, it's against CC rules to give out any recomendations for one.