We need help jacksonville hotel

GENEVA4

Does anybody have any opinion on what hotel to stay for the night for a family of four. should we stay in jacksonville or go outside of the area. we need a great hotel. I will be with picky people:rolleyes: This will be our first time in the area and we are driving in from orlando and want to bet the traffic and be in the area or at least as close as we can to the port. so far I found the omni hotel and have not been able find any reviews. we don't need to park our vehicle because we will be dropping the car in the am and taking a cab to the port and some of the hotels associated with these deals don't fit my group requirements :rolleyes: I really mean it when I say I'm with picky people. Any help would be appreciated:)

Geneva4,

I feel you, I planned a cruise for 39 cruisers(mostly first timers). I have woeked days and late nights. I looked for a hotel that was not to expensive but yet accommodating. We looked and booked a hotel that seemed to be perfect . I searched and read reviews and My God, it was the pits:eek: . I had to cancel those reservations and now We are booked at the Comfort Suites Airport. I read many good to average and of course those very picky people reviews. This seemed to be perfect for us. This hotel has shuttle service from airport to hotel and free breakfast. We are renting a shuttle bus that will take all 39 passengers to and from the cruise ship.

You know I don't care how hard you work to make everything accommodating, you will have one person:confused: , maybe 2:( , maybe 3:mad: always complaining:eek: . Just do your best and let them take care of the rest. We are cruising out of Jacksonville on August 22, on the Celebration cruise ship.

Lots of luck!!!

The seaport is very close to downtown where you can find some nice hotels but at night the streets of downtown roll up! There is the Jacksonville Landing but based on what you have said regarding your guests, I do not recommend it. The Hyatt is on the water front and is a typical Hyatt. From there you can have dinner in the San Marco area of town. There are several very nice restaurants and bars. The Omni is also nice but you should drive to dinner.

If you have the time I agree with the previous poster about Amelia Island- GORGEOUS! The Ritz is absolutely top notch but you will be a good 45 minutes from downtown. You might also consider Ponte Vedra Inn and Club in Ponte Vedra Beach. Very nice but again you will not be close to the port- approx. 40 minutes.

Archived