Pepsi in Long Beach port?

Rescuedogs2

We're wondering if there is a place to buy Pepsi in cans to take on our ship in Long Beach. We're flying into Long Beach and taking the transfer to our cruise on Miracle this month. We would like to at least bring a 6pk on the ship, but can't fly with it. Please let me know what experience you may have with where to buy things like this in port before boarding. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you were staying at a hotel in the Long Beach area, the desk clerk could tell you the name of the closest market (Vons, Ralphs, Target, Walmart, Albertsons, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc. -- they all will have Pepsi), and perhaps the hotel would even have a free shuttle.

It sounds like you've booked a same day flight (which I advise against) so you'll have to take a taxi from the airport and ask for a stop at one of the stores on the way to the port (the Carnival shuttle won't make stops for you) and have the taxi wait for you or have a separate taxi take you from store to port.

Another possibility is to do a little research and find the name of the closest store to the Port, have your family or spouse wait with your luggage (or give them to the porter and then go) and grab a taxi to the store.

The easiest way would have been to fly in the day before which would have given you plenty of time to shop by your hotel.

Yes, we are flying in the same day. We have a direct flight from KC arriving in LA at 8:20 am. This is cruise #11 for us. We don't make a habit of flying same day. Usually we cruise out out of Miami and stay in Ft. Launderdale the night before. My husband is the one interested in buying Pepsi before boarding. After buying a balcony room, I am fine with just buying a drink pass on board:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you arrive early enough you can take the free Long Beach Passport Bus. The bus stop is in the Queen Mary parking lot, under the trees.

Many if the crew take it.

It passes a Walmart, Albertsons and CVS.

Just an idea- The Queen Mary Hotel is right next door- they have gift shops- maybe they have a soda cooler for guests? You could call the hotel and connect to the gift shop to ask if they carry Pepsi.

My guess is that if they sell Pepsi, it's way overpriced. Might be better to 1) stay overnight in Long Beach (I have to say this as I think this is best) and go on a shopping trip that day or the morning of the cruise. The better hotels have a local shuttle to make this easy and the driver will know all the grocery, drug and discount (Walmart and Target) in this area.

2) if flying in the same day, have as early an arrival time as possible. Get a taxi to drop you off at one of these stores.

3) get on the ship if there's not enough time for a shopping trip and do without Pepsi until your first port. This is easier with docked stays rather than tender ports (Catalina is always a tender port).

We're wondering if there is a place to buy Pepsi in cans to take on our ship in Long Beach. We're flying into Long Beach and taking the transfer to our cruise on Miracle this month.

Slightly confusing...in post #4, you comment that you have a "direct flight from KC arriving in LA at 8:20 am". Are you flying into LGB, or LAX? And, is it a "direct" or a "nonstop" flight? (very different things).

Not being nit-picky, but it could open up more options and suggestions.