TidBits, Thanks and Royal Replenish – Liberty Feb. 24 – March 1, 2014.

My daughter and I had a fabulous cruise on the Liberty and on RCCL’s private beach, Labadee. This was my eighth cruise and the largest ship I have been on. I learned lots from the Cruise Critic crowd that helped enhance our onboard experience and I hope I can offer some insight to others new to the Liberty. I am listing some little details about our cruise that we enjoyed.

TidBits:

• Eating at Sorrento’s upon boarding was a great tip, THANKS to all who suggested this! Good sandwiches, okay pizza, desserts and a nice place to relax and people watch on the promenade.

• Mini golf on deck was fun and not crowded before sailing.

• We pretty much had a cantilevered whirlpool to ourselves before sailing and really enjoyed the view of Ft. Lauderdale.

• Sudoku and Trivia sheets are available daily in the Library.

• There is a charity walk for Make-A-Wish one morning during the cruise.

• There is NO CHARGE for pizza, sandwiches, salads, desserts, regular coffee, tea and pastries at Sorrento’s and the Café Promenade. There seemed to be a lot of passengers who did not realize this even near the end of our cruise. THANKS to Cruise Critic members I knew this before boarding.

• On Labadee Columbus Cove had a lovely sandy beach, plenty of shade, a bar and the BBQ never had long lines. THANKS CC members for suggesting this location, it was great!

• There is some wonderful modern art in the stairways at both ends of the ship. THANKS to the poster who suggested doing an art tour! I walked all four stairways and took time to enjoy the fascinating art and read the descriptions.

ROYAL REPLENISH

DD and I did not think we would break even with an alcohol package but we did each get the Royal Replenish package. We loved it! On any given day we had: 2 or 3 specialty hot coffees, 2 or 3 specialty cold coffees, 2 or 3 bottles of still water, fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, soda or sparkling water with dinner and lunch, frozen virgin drinks at the pool, on Labadee and at the shows. It was a very good value for us. (We were able to get both coffee and bottled water at the same time at Café Promenade.) One highlight was having a Vanilla Steamer at night before bed, not coffee but a hot steamed vanilla milk concoction that was fabulous.

If anyone has any questions I will be happy to try to answer them.

Edited by polythenepam19
wrong date

We had cappaccinos, lattes, mochas, frappes, macchiatos, hot chocolate, teas, and more. Most were available in different flavors.

At which venues were you able to get the specialty coffees?

Edited by clarea

We got the majority of our coffees in the Cafe Promenade and a few during dinner in the main dining room - Botticellis.

Thanks. I was curious if there were other venues to get specialty coffee besides the bar next to Cafe Promenade and the dining venues.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I read this correctly, polythenepam -- you were able to get *frozen* virgin drinks on the Liberty with the Replenish package?

The frozen drinks aren't listed specifically on the RCI site -- with Replenish, it says you get specialty coffee and teas, bottled still and carbonated water, fresh-squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails and soda (which we don't drink).

Thanks for any clarification!

Edited by gpb

Did I read this correctly, polythenepam -- you were able to get *frozen* virgin drinks on the Liberty with the Replenish package?

The frozen drinks aren't listed specifically on the RCI site -- with Replenish, it says you get specialty coffee and teas, bottled still and carbonated water, fresh-squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails and soda (which we don't drink).

Thanks for any clarification!

Not the OP, but yes, you can get frozen virgin drinks with the replenish package, like pina coladas, daquiries, etc. I had 1-2 pina coladas (or variations, like berry coladas) every day on Allure. :D

Thanks so much for posting this great info! I have been trying to decide whether or not to try the Royal Replenish package, but after reading this thread, I'm going to give it a try. Visions of Lava Flows are dancing in my head..... ;)

When we were on Explorer a couple of weeks ago, we also had the Royal Replenish package. I LOVED the virgin frozen Mojito's They were AWESOME. I tried one with the booze, but could not tell the difference so why pay extra.... It was so nice having fresh squeezed orange juice, unlimited bottles of water, Starbucks drinks & the frozen drinks!!!! I walked into a bar on the second day to get a Mojito (virgin frozen), when I gave the bartender my seapass, he said you must be Anne Marie & Josiah's papa..... Yes, my kids made good use of the package as well, My son often had 2 Starbucks into him before we met in the Windjammer for breakfast. For 4 of us on a 10 day cruise it cost $800 but was worth every penny, I would highly recommend the package, and know that we will be getting it every time we cruise!!!!!!

Oooo virgin lava flow sounds fantastic - what's in it? :)

It comes in several flavors... wildberry, mango, etc..... and if I remember correctly, they mix it with frozen pina colada mix so it's all swirly.... yum!!

Thank you because we trying to figure out since we have no sea days and all port days would we get our money worth. We didn't want to get the package and it be a waste.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Would this package be good on a short cruise 4/5 days?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Our upcoming Liberty cruise is 5 days, and I think it will be worthwhile to have the package. Especially since 2 of the days are sea days.... lots of opportunities to enjoy the "free" beverages! :)

This is good information to know. Thank you for sharing! I don't think they had this drink package on our cruise on Jewel back in August!! I just checked my planner for my upcoming 7-day cruise on Navigator, and it doesn't list the price of the Replenish Package. Does anyone know how much the 7-day package is? Thanks!

This is good information to know. Thank you for sharing! I don't think they had this drink package on our cruise on Jewel back in August!! I just checked my planner for my upcoming 7-day cruise on Navigator, and it doesn't list the price of the Replenish Package. Does anyone know how much the 7-day package is? Thanks!

The new packages were introduced last November-ish.

Royal Replenish is $20/day, so a 7-night cruise is $140.

The new packages were introduced last November-ish.

Royal Replenish is $20/day, so a 7-night cruise is $140.

Thank you! That actually sounds fairly reasonable for all the choices it sounds like you have! I'll have to see if I can find my past cruise bills and see how much I usually spend on drinks!