Reservations for Ice Show on IOS?

Do you have to make reservations for the Ice Show on Independence of the Seas? Noticed some reference to doing that.

Thanks.

Ellen

There are no advanced reservations for the ice show. They will distribute tickets during the cruise, and the procedure will be described in the Cruise Compass, and also by the Cruise Director during pre and post show announcements.

You go get tickets for the shows while on your cruise they will announce time and date in your cruise compass, I believe it was around 10am. If you miss out on tickets you can just go wait by Studio B and I believe 10 minutes prior to show time they open up all the available seats to everyone without a ticket.

Thanks for the info.

Is there usually a long lineup? Should we plan on getting in line much earlier?

We are on B2B so I would guess the show is the same on both cruises (8 day and 6 day), so if we miss getting tickets for the first cruise, could do the second one.

Thanks for the info.

Is there usually a long lineup? Should we plan on getting in line much earlier?

We are on B2B so I would guess the show is the same on both cruises (8 day and 6 day), so if we miss getting tickets for the first cruise, could do the second one.

They start distibuting the tickets at 8:30 and usually there is a line. The line goes very quickly once they start distributing tickets since there are several crew members giving out tickets. You just may not be able to get in to the show time that you like.

Since you're doing B2B, on the second leg, they will have a special meeting the last day of the first cruise. If you didn't get in at the time you wanted to on the first cruise, it doesn't hurt to ask at that meeting to see if they would give you advance tickets to the show time you would like to attend.

You go get tickets for the shows while on your cruise they will announce time and date in your cruise compass, I believe it was around 10am. If you miss out on tickets you can just go wait by Studio B and I believe 10 minutes prior to show time they open up all the available seats to everyone without a ticket.

good to go.

Yup - that's pretty much how it works on any ship.

The key is to read the cruise Compass daily...they explain where and when to get the tickets.

Looking forward to seeing the Ice Show (again) on INDY in a couple of weeks.

Yup - that's pretty much how it works on any ship.

The key is to read the cruise Compass daily...they explain where and when to get the tickets.

Looking forward to seeing the Ice Show (again) on INDY in a couple of weeks.

will keep a look out.

There are two different ice shows on Indy so hopefully on a B2B you'll get to see both of them - they're both great even though we've seen the same shows every cruise! There are usually several performances of the show and unless you want a particular time and date then there really isn't any need to join the very long queue on the Royal Promenade as we've always found there are plenty of tickets left - these can be found on the reception desk at passenger services. The tickets are just for "entrance" and you choose your seats on a first come first served basis.

Have a great time

Gill

We were on a B2B in Dec. on the Indy. There was only 1 Ice Show (Strings). The best on we have ever seen. As someone else said the tickets were given out starting around 8:30a.m. on the promenade. The first week we were there around 8a.m. and there was already a fairly large line. The second week we went around 7:45a.m. and there was a line but not quite as long.

We were on a B2B in Dec. on the Indy. There was only 1 Ice Show (Strings). The best on we have ever seen. As someone else said the tickets were given out starting around 8:30a.m. on the promenade. The first week we were there around 8a.m. and there was already a fairly large line. The second week we went around 7:45a.m. and there was a line but not quite as long.

Hi Judi! Yes, it was only one show on Indy: Strings! (We also did B2B) The best show on ice!!! We had choices of tickets in the CL and I think, in the DL! Hopefully, it will be the same show, when we go back, at the end of Apr!!! Would like to see it again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Judi! Yes, it was only one show on Indy: Strings! (We also did B2B) The best show on ice!!! We had choices of tickets in the CL and I think, in the DL! Hopefully, it will be the same show, when we go back, at the end of Apr!!! Would like to see it again!!!

will have to make sure we can get tickets.

Hi Franca

Good to see you on here. Hope to meet up with you soon on a cruise. Our you on the Quantum with us?

How is Bill?