Snorkeling at Hol Chan success stories?

OceanLover404

Hello! My boyfriend and I will be in Belize City from 9-6 on march 31st. We both love adventure and don't want to lay around on the beach or hang out at the bars. He's dying to snorkel in Hol Chan, but there is virtually no way to plan this out. Most snorkel trips start at 9 or 2, and Ambergris Caye is a long boat ride away from Belize City. Has anyone successfully done this trip UNDER $150 per person within the time constraints?

As much as I want to make this happen for him, I refuse to pay that much for some snorkeling.

just posted this on another thread. I think we paid $130 per person and it was worth every penny

We just returned from a cruise and had the best snorkeling trip of our life!

Excursion: Belize Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan Marine Park Snorkel Excursion by Air booked thru http://www.ShoreExcursioneer.com

Wasn't much impressed with Belize and don't really care if we ever go back, but I would for this snorkel trip. We saw tons of sharks and they surprised me how big they were. Got to pet one and again was surprised by the sandpaper feel of it. Saw at least 3 different types of sting rays and some turtles too. The reef itself was just amazing and saw fish I had never seen before. The guides would point them out and then tell us what they were. Even saw a big, green eel! He was a bit scary looking :eek:

Even the flight over was an experience. Who needs TSA? :eek: Walk up to the ticket counter at the airport after a short taxi ride and they asked for our first names, handed us a laminated boarding pass and we walked on to the plane. Guide met us in San Pedro and walked us to the snorkel boat. Easy.

They had plenty of water and watermelon on board for everyone. Wish we had the option of a little more food and drink as we were starving after the two different stops, but it was all good.

I would do this again in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...