Pajama Jam

TaraMatt

Has anyone done the Pajama Jam? What was it like?

We are traveling with an 11 y.o., a 5 y.o., and a 3 y.o., and wondered if this is worth it. If we go, I imagine we would have to pay for 3 adults and 3 kids…so I want to see is it worth it. Did the kids have fun? Is it like a character breakfast at Disney (if anyone knows what that is like)? Will it give the chance for them to meet most of the characters available on the Breakaway and prevent us having to do them later in the cruise?

Thanks!!

NCL's info:

"Each cruise features Nickelodeon's all-new Pajama Jam Character Breakfast. Upon arriving in the Spinnaker Lounge, guests, who are encouraged to wear their pajamas, are greeted with a goody bag filled with surprises and props for use during the event. Donning their pajamas, Team Nick and the rest of the gang sing and dance while families enjoy their morning meal. Each child attending the breakfast receives a complimentary, keepsake photograph."

No mention of adults attending so I don't know.

We just did it on Jewel. It was different from when we were on Jewel the year before.

It was up in Spinnaker. They had a buffet of muffins w/ frosting, donuts, Nick colored fruit kebobs, colored pancakes w/ whipped cream and some scrambled eggs baked into muffin shapes w/ ham and cheese. There were a few other things but I wasn't paying attention.

The kids got to eat then the characters came out in pj's. The kids got to dance with them.

Then each character went to an area so the kids could get their picture taken.

We weren't told this but found out from the photographer that for each person that pays you get one free 8x10. So for the 4 of us we got 4 pictures.

Was it worth $20/each? I guess to do it once but we wouldn't do it again. My kids will also be 6 and 9 so they're getting a little old anyway.

We just did it on Jewel. It was different from when we were on Jewel the year before.

It was up in Spinnaker. They had a buffet of muffins w/ frosting, donuts, Nick colored fruit kebobs, colored pancakes w/ whipped cream and some scrambled eggs baked into muffin shapes w/ ham and cheese. There were a few other things but I wasn't paying attention.

The kids got to eat then the characters came out in pj's. The kids got to dance with them.

Then each character went to an area so the kids could get their picture taken.

We weren't told this but found out from the photographer that for each person that pays you get one free 8x10. So for the 4 of us we got 4 pictures.

Was it worth $20/each? I guess to do it once but we wouldn't do it again. My kids will also be 6 and 9 so they're getting a little old anyway.

Thank you, thank you! For $20 a piece, it might be worth it...just to not have to do the characters later in the cruise. It would be a one and done kind of thing.

I am sure that the kids would love it and as long as they get to meet the characters, it is probably worth it. And, if there are 6 of us attending, we would get 6 pictures...so I think it would all be worth it in the end and a good family "bonding" activity!

Thanks for letting me know your first hand experiences!!

One thing I have to say is the Nick staff is always very organized. I have been on 3 cruises w/ the Nick program and all have been very efficient and well run.

That is good to hear. I am a Disney lover, so we have done a lot at Disneyworld along these lines...my kids know what to expect at one...so, if it was mass chaos, I would probably think again, but it sounds like this may be one of the extras that is worth it!!

As far as I know there is no charge for any of the other character events or Nick activities but I'm not 100% positive. That being said, you can save the $20 a piece for drinks and have the kids meet Spongebob by the pool or at another party. Just keep an eye onyour Freestyle Dailies.