Resort day in Athens?

irishayes

We were thinking it might be nice to just kick back at a resort in Athens with a great pool and restaurant. Are there resorts that offer day passes in Athens?

No. Athens is more citified. It is not like Mykonos where u may be able to get a day pass....

At the risk of being flippant, try your ship.

We looked into this a few years back, but it involved catching some tram and it looked a bit involved. I can't think of the name --it's "something" Marina----google it--resort areas around Pireaus. It seemed more trouble than it was worth. Also, from what I read on the blogs, the food prices were high. We did a land tour several years back and we took a bus from Athens to some fishing village, that I didn't write down the name of it---just google the above--re: beaches near Pireaus---.......If I remember correctly, it was about an hour or so away, and 2 trams....Hope this helps.

I assume you have been to Athens before and have no need to see the city.As the other poster said it would be best then to stay on the ship as Athens is a rahter large city not a resort area.If you have not been there before you may want to rethink not doing any sightseeing.

We were thinking it might be nice to just kick back at a resort in Athens with a great pool and restaurant. Are there resorts that offer day passes in Athens?

The nearest resort/marina area is Paleo Faliron. A little way along the coast from Faliron is Glyfada where there are shops/bars and restaurants, also a beach. You can get a train or bus to these areas from Athens and I believe you can get the bus from the port area.

As other posters have said if you haven't been to Athens before, at least go and see the Acropolis, the views from there are amazing. Have lunch in the Plaka. From the port you can do all this, with a little walking, on the metro or bus.

Whatever you decide to do in Athens, have a great day there.