Shore excursion question

jpatryak

:confused: First time cruising on Carnival, doing 8 day E. Carrib on the Liberty.

When I go on Carnival's website, log-in, and get into my reservation, some of the ports say "view" shore excursions, and some say "add" shore excursions. It appears that when it says "add", that means those excursions are really available. (Seems like "view" lists all the potential excursions available for that port.)

Of the ports showing "add" excursions, there are only 2-3 listed for each port. Is it usual for Carnival to offer so few themselves? Or will more get added as it gets closer to sailing?

Any suggestions for Tortola and Antigua? Anyone booked things independently?:confused:

:confused: First time cruising on Carnival, doing 8 day E. Carrib on the Liberty.

When I go on Carnival's website, log-in, and get into my reservation, some of the ports say "view" shore excursions, and some say "add" shore excursions. It appears that when it says "add", that means those excursions are really available. (Seems like "view" lists all the potential excursions available for that port.)

Of the ports showing "add" excursions, there are only 2-3 listed for each port. Is it usual for Carnival to offer so few themselves? Or will more get added as it gets closer to sailing?

Any suggestions for Tortola and Antigua? Anyone booked things independently?:confused:

When are you sailing on Liberty? They are slowly adding excursions as the cruise gets closer. None are showing up for Antigua or San Juan for us. As of today Tortola has 13,St Thomas lists 23 and Nassau just 2. If you arent sailing until 2006 I would imagine that prices are going up and Carnival is still working out contracts with tour operators.

I would suggest looking at independent tour operators, you can do the Baths on your own in Tortola for under $50...Carnival wants $80.

In Antigua im doing a day pass at a resort for $42, but many like to do Eli's or Paddles. It really depends on what type of day you want to have, water sports, shopping, hiking,biking, island tour.

Going on 2/4/06. Definitely want to see the Baths in Tortola, but we're not there too long...some concern about missing the boat (no pun intended).

Hopefully things get added as we get closer. Thanks for input.

Going on 2/4/06. Definitely want to see the Baths in Tortola, but we're not there too long...some concern about missing the boat (no pun intended).

Hopefully things get added as we get closer. Thanks for input.

I think several on our cruise are going to do the Baths on our own. Check out Speedy's website. http://www.speedysbvi.com/ You would have to take the 9am ferry over and catch the 12:30 ferry back. Carnival has 2 separate times 7:45-11:45 and 9:00-1:00pm.

Archived