Need help with picking an itinerary (Liberty vs Legend vs Pride vs Dream vs Magic)

Dr Dave

Hi folks,

I need a little help picking an itinerary for the summer (early August). I'm a 30 year old dentist who will be traveling with my little brother, who will be on break from college. I am in the middle of buying a practice, and I am planning on having some remodeling on the building I will be leasing from. Honestly, the remodeling is likely to be a bit of a mess, which I'm happy to avoid (and I am willing to trust several people out here to oversee the changes). I believe that a cruise is a great way to clear my head and allow me to hit the ground running once I get back.

So, that being said, I could use a little advice picking an itinerary. 5 itineraries have caught my eye. One is an 8 day on the Liberty (with calls in Grand Turks, St Thomas, San Juan and St Marteen). I have heard great things about the Spirit class and am looking at both the Pride 7 day (Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay, Freeport) and the Legend 7 day (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and the Caymans). Finally, I am looking at the Dream 7 day (Roatan, Belize, Cozumel) and the Magic 7 day (Cozumel, Belize and Roatan).

We've traveled the western routes several times, so I'm not really crazy about the itineraries. We've been to most of these ports before. Mostly were looking to relax and recharge. Is there anything special about any of these ships that can't be missed?

In case you were wondering, my brother couldn't care less. We've been on a couple of cruises where I wasn't sure he knew what ship we were currently sailing!

Any thoughts?

Hi folks,

I need a little help picking an itinerary for the summer (early August). I'm a 30 year old dentist who will be traveling with my little brother, who will be on break from college. I am in the middle of buying a practice, and I am planning on having some remodeling on the building I will be leasing from. Honestly, the remodeling is likely to be a bit of a mess, which I'm happy to avoid (and I am willing to trust several people out here to oversee the changes). I believe that a cruise is a great way to clear my head and allow me to hit the ground running once I get back.

So, that being said, I could use a little advice picking an itinerary. 5 itineraries have caught my eye. One is an 8 day on the Liberty (with calls in Grand Turks, St Thomas, San Juan and St Marteen). I have heard great things about the Spirit class and am looking at both the Pride 7 day (Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay, Freeport) and the Legend 7 day (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and the Caymans). Finally, I am looking at the Dream 7 day (Roatan, Belize, Cozumel) and the Magic 7 day (Cozumel, Belize and Roatan).

We've traveled the western routes several times, so I'm not really crazy about the itineraries. We've been to most of these ports before. Mostly were looking to relax and recharge. Is there anything special about any of these ships that can't be missed?

In case you were wondering, my brother couldn't care less. We've been on a couple of cruises where I wasn't sure he knew what ship we were currently sailing!

Any thoughts?

The best ship out of all of those would be the Magic. The best ports out of all those would be the Liberty. I don't care for Belize but love Cozumel and Roatan. I don't like Freeport. I don't like San Juan. I LOVE the Magic my favorite ship. So I vote for the Magic. Have you considered the Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel route on the Magic? I LOVE that itinerary!

If I was looking to relax and recharge, I would pick the Pride with Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. 2 amazing laid back beach days at 2 of the most beautiful places on earth! :-)

Having Margaritaville next door wouldn't be so relaxing to me!:eek:

So... Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and St. Thomas are my three favorite ports thus far, outside of Alaska.

If you really want to veg out, HMC and Grand Turk are great places to do that on a sandy, sunny beach. But I MUCH MUCH prefer 8 night cruises, that extra night really does make a difference, something about getting on board and you have "longer than a week" I much prefer 8 nights to 7 nights (and am doing a less-than-exciting itineracy next week to do that 8 night over a 7 night).

Picking based on the ports, I would choose the Liberty's itinerary. I prefer to have 4 port days and I absolutely love all of those ports listed :) In St. Thomas I would suggest heading over to St. John if you've been to st. thomas before. Grand Turk is great - we did an excursion through carnival and it was on a catamaran! Also, San Juan is very different than most ports you will visit IMO. Good luck choosing !

If I was looking to relax and recharge, I would pick the Pride with Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. 2 amazing laid back beach days at 2 of the most beautiful places on earth! :-)

I second these two ports. They had the most beautiful beaches. And we LOVE Pride and the other Spirit class ships.

Having Margaritaville next door wouldn't be so relaxing to me!:eek:

We walked way down the beach, far from Margaritaville. There were maybe 20 people total around us.

Thanks everyone, I think it's going to be the Liberty!

I think you made a wise choice. The Alchemy bar, Punchliner comedy club, adult aft pool, Serenity, iguana cantina with the breakfast hueveuros rancheros, the burritos, Guys burgers, fish n chips, etc etc. LOVE Liberty!

Hi folks,

Any thoughts?

Choosing for you, I would chose the Liberty itinerary. (For me I'd choose the Pride only because I would prefer to drive to the port & because I haven't been to Grand Turk yet.)