Enough time for a private tour?

Monty011376

I'll be in Cayman on June 25 from 10:30-6:00. I really want to take Native Way's Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour that runs from 11:15-4:30. I think we'd have plenty of time to make it back to the ship, but I'm worried about not making it on time in the morning with only 45 min and tendering. Considering taking a RCI tour instead so I won't be stressed out, but the comparable package is more than twice the money. I talked with Native Way and they said getting to them by 11:15 will be no problem. I'm thinking a lot more people will be up and waiting for a tender boat since we don't arrive till 10:30... Anyone have thoughts? Private or cruise excursion?

Hi and Welcome to Cruise Critic!

NativeWay is a long time and well respected independent so you should have no problem. :)

On the other hand .... If you are feeling stressed about it, just book something through the ship. Cruises are for fun & and relaxing ... not for anything that will be a worry to you.

LuLu

~~~

We did a private tour with Captain Marvins when our ship arrived at 8 am and last tender was at 3:15 I believe. Our tour was set to meet at 8:30 am at the center right there and ended at 2:30. i didn't realize until we met them it meant the boat returned at 2:30, so it didn't include a return trip.

We were on Carnival and had their FTTF, so it gave us priority tender. If we had gotten there immediately at 8:00, we would've been fine probably, but we were running slightly behind and so we were late to meet the group by maybe 15 minutes. It was a tight squeeze.

Our tour ended early because of weather by maybe an hour, and traffic on the way back was horrid, don't know if that's normal, but the whole port area was extremely clogged. If we had left at 2:30 as scheduled, we would've been extremely close if we would've made it at all. I would ask if it means ship to ship time or just the tour time, as that will make a difference.