Considering a MSC cruise from Dubai

Norwegianlatvian

Hi all!

I am currently considering a cruise with MSC Orchestra from Dubai in February 2015.

Since I hear a lot of mixed opinions regarding MSC, I am now turning to former MSC cruisers here on CC to get your opinion. Should I or should I not book this cruise?

My cruise history consists of 5 with Royal Caribbean and 1 with Norwegian Cruise Lines. (+ 1 upcoming with Royal in October).

Is it a huge difference between MSC and Royal/Norwegian?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

I am currently considering a cruise with MSC Orchestra from Dubai in February 2015.

Since I hear a lot of mixed opinions regarding MSC, I am now turning to former MSC cruisers here on CC to get your opinion. Should I or should I not book this cruise?

My cruise history consists of 5 with Royal Caribbean and 1 with Norwegian Cruise Lines. (+ 1 upcoming with Royal in October).

Thanks in advance!

There is a roll call already in existence for the sailing from Dubai in February next. You will find lots of information on there which will help you make a decision. Unfortunately for me as a solo traveller and the high prices being quoted anyway for the UK market the supplements will rule me out!

Hope your plans work out.

Suron

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

Specifically which cruise? And what is more important to you - food or entertainment ? Just MHO, entertainment is MSC's weak point relative to the two other lines you mention. If you like classical music, you will enjoy.

I was in a RCI cruise last summer and it was easily the best evening entertainment I have ever enjoyed on a cruise - hence my question.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

Hi

We're relatively new to cruising but have sailed once each with RCI & MSC - and we would sail with both lines again.

I recently posted our view on the 2 lines - hope this link works!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1919878 (post 17)

We personally preferred RCI food, but there was nothing radically wrong with MSC's - although the buffet breakfast wasn't as hot as we would have liked. We also thought the entertainment was better on MSC.

It's all down to individual perception - go with an open mind and you'll have a great time!

Hope this helps

H