Booking another cruise while on a ship + past guest??

xxdance8chikxx

Hello all,

I know if you book a cruise while on another cruise they give you onboard credit. If the cruise you book is more than however many months out required, can you book as an early saver rate & get the onboard credit? ie Get the onboard credit + addtl onboard credit when the rates drop?

Edit:: in the subject I meant "early saver" rate, not "past guest" rate. thanks!

Edited by xxdance8chikxx

If you know the exact cruise you want to book along with cabin or cabin category, then yes you can. The way it was explained to us is that most don't know all that so they are encouraged to book as Past Guest to avoid change fees. Also, the earlier in the cruise you can get with the rep the better. Toward the end they are bombarded by people waiting till the last minute and don't have the time to spend with you one on one.

We did this on the Freedom last Dec since it was the first time we didn't have a previous sailing credit certificate. We came prepared. We knew the rate, specific cabin, sailing date. We visited the FCC desk the second day (8-day cruise) and no one was around so we had his complete attention. Was very nice to do it that way. Got ES and the OBC. Now I need to submit the Shareholder statement to get more OBC. :)

Steve