Guaranteed OV to suite?

wrk2cruisesoon

We are sailing on the Gem for Spring Break. I booked an Oceanview guarantee for this trip and at this point do not have a cabin assigned. I check the NCL site every day and the inside, oceanview, balcony, and mini suites are all sold out. Do you think there is a chance since we don't have a cabin number yet that we could be upgraded to a suite, or am I just kidding myself? I am hoping it is possible as it is our third NCL cruise in a year. Maybe I am just wishful thinking! Thoughts?

They will definitely upsell from upper categories even higher, take a step down and repeat the process until they have gotten every cent from possible upsells before giving out upgrades for free.

Often a couple weeks before sail date, the rooms will disappear as they upsell some and then assign the GTY people to rooms. When they are done, the rooms will show back up again.

I have read on here where someone was bumped that far up, but it is far from the norm. Most likely a bump would be to an oceanview or maybe a balcony.

Best of luck though and let us know what happens

Our sail date is April 14th. I didn't even think of the upsells. Oh well, if I end up with a porthole on Deck 4 I will be fine. It just means I am closer to the gangway when in port! This was an unexpected treat anyway, so for the price I will be happy wherever, at least I am onboard.

I will let you all know what I end up with though!

Our sail date is April 14th. I didn't even think of the upsells. Oh well, if I end up with a porthole on Deck 4 I will be fine. It just means I am closer to the gangway when in port! This was an unexpected treat anyway, so for the price I will be happy wherever, at least I am onboard.

I will let you all know what I end up with though!

EXACTLY! 99% of having a good time is deciding that you are gong to do so. Have a blast on your cruise.

We were booked in an obstructed oceanview cabin for our POA cruise last month.

NCL gave us an upsell of a GTY balcony cabin on deck 7 at a small fee, prior to final payment in November.

Luckily we took the offer, as our cruise was sold out from mid January.

We were finally assigned a cabin 1 1/2 days before our cruise - a starboard hull balcony cabin on deck 10. We were pleased with the cabin and its location.

You can always ring NCL and see if there are any "upsells" available, if nothing is showing availability online.

Good luck! Hope you get a good cabin! :D