When exactly is the Seuss at Sea brunch?

Seany527

The parade was great, the kids were very active participants (they were the parade). We gathered in the lounge where we where given pom poms and banners to carry and wave, the cruise director had all the children and parents join him and had us practice our "march" in the lounge once we had mastered the steps the Seusse characters were brought out to join us much to the excitement of the participants. We had Sam, Thing 1 and Thing 2 and of course the Cat join us. We then proceeded to march from the lounge to the theatre with the characters joining us. When we arrived at the theatre, the kids were invited up on the stage where the story was to be told. The cruise director did an amazing job of telling the story, and it was very nice that it was interactive and included some of the kids in the audience. It was a very well organized event, and our 7 year old loved it!

It was very nice to see other "young at heart" cruisers join in the fun of this event! All the way from the lounge to the theatre, fellow cruisers cheered and clapped along with the kids as we walked past. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the show.

As for how we registered for the breakfast, we had a card in our room the first night, "Program Highlights" not sure if it was because we had children registered in the camp, but the other room in our party did not have it. I am sure you could call the main desk and find out all about it if you were interested.

The parade was great, the kids were very active participants (they were the parade). We gathered in the lounge where we where given pom poms and banners to carry and wave, the cruise director had all the children and parents join him and had us practice our "march" in the lounge once we had mastered the steps the Seusse characters were brought out to join us much to the excitement of the participants. We had Sam, Thing 1 and Thing 2 and of course the Cat join us. We then proceeded to march from the lounge to the theatre with the characters joining us. When we arrived at the theatre, the kids were invited up on the stage where the story was to be told. The cruise director did an amazing job of telling the story, and it was very nice that it was interactive and included some of the kids in the audience. It was a very well organized event, and our 7 year old loved it!

It was very nice to see other "young at heart" cruisers join in the fun of this event! All the way from the lounge to the theatre, fellow cruisers cheered and clapped along with the kids as we walked past. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the show.

As for how we registered for the breakfast, we had a card in our room the first night, "Program Highlights" not sure if it was because we had children registered in the camp, but the other room in our party did not have it. I am sure you could call the main desk and find out all about it if you were interested.

Thank you for the detailed review. Sounds wonderful. Looks like Carnival made a good move with adding this Dr. Seuss stuff.

Thank you for the detailed review and pictures! We will be on the Splendor in June and even tho my DD is well into her teens, we will definitely do the brunch! Where else can you eat green eggs and ham!?!!?

Thanks for this! And the pics! Excited just as I was when it was first announced. I believe this will be going during my Sunshine cruise!

This looks amazing. I'm so glad Carnival has launched this initiative, and I hope to try it. Is it being launched fleetwide?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Just found my answer on another thread- fleetwide by the end of the year!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Where can I find a scheduled roll out?

I read that the next ship will be Freedom. The article I read also said 10 ships in 2014 & the remaining 14 will get Seuss in 2015. I cannot find a specific schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Does the Seuss brunch replace the Comedy Brunch? We will have 4 sea days on our 5/28 sailing and definitely would want to try this at least once.

How much of the offerings are very high in sugar? My cousin is a diabetic and she is very good at watching her sugar intake.

MARAPRINCE

They actually had two separate dining times and we attended the late "9:00 am" , but I cannot actually say if there was anyone there who didn't have kids, but I don't see why anyone couldn't attend, I mean it is just a themed breakfast. No reason everyone cant have a little fun... :)

Actually the comedy brunch does not exist anymore, it has returned to the normal breakfast / lunch , too many people did not like the way it worked, and they went back to the old way.

They menu did include steak and eggs done any way you liked , I had that, completely low carb. And I tasted both the deserts and they technically were not high sugar, ingredients were yogurt and fruit topped with a little sweet stuff. The pancakes and waffles would not be a low sugar option :)

They actually had two separate dining times and we attended the late "9:00 am" , but I cannot actually say if there was anyone there who didn't have kids, but I don't see why anyone couldn't attend, I mean it is just a themed breakfast. No reason everyone cant have a little fun... :)

Actually the comedy brunch does not exist anymore, it has returned to the normal breakfast / lunch , too many people did not like the way it worked, and they went back to the old way.

So, the Dr. Seuss breakfast HAS replaced the comedy brunch. How long does the Seuss breakfast last? Is it held in only one of the dining rooms? When does the regular breakfast start in the dining room?

They menu did include steak and eggs done any way you liked , I had that, completely low carb. And I tasted both the deserts and they technically were not high sugar, ingredients were yogurt and fruit topped with a little sweet stuff. The pancakes and waffles would not be a low sugar option :)

When is the Seuss parade held? Is it open for anyone to attend the show in the lounge or just for parents with children?

MARAPRINCE

ImageUploadedByForums1395146167.379821.jpg.b34df625105760846fb84b2c969a99ad.jpg

It is definitely worth the $5. I saw some couples without children there. Also, the night before has a 10-midnight party for the kids, so take the later seating if you plan to send them the night before.

The arcade is earlier in the week and anyone can attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The brunch situation had already changed on all ships, no more comedy brunch on any ship as far as I know, just regular brunch, Dr. Seuss is in the other dining room so it does not interfere with the regular sea day brunch. And it lasts about an hour.

Edited by Ev1995

The brunch situation had already changed on all ships, no more comedy brunch on any ship as far as I know, just regular brunch, Dr. Seuss is in the other dining room so it does not interfere with the regular sea day brunch. And it lasts about an hour.

Another question, are they still giving out the free drink coupons to be used at the regular (formerly comedy brunch) brunch? My cousin and I only used this coupon at the brunch for speciality coffee since neither of us consume alcohol.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE