Got the drink package figured out!

Papa flamingo

What can I say? Lol. I am up to trying different Drinks/Martini's just like my Chocolate Martini's .Although I have been doing some Gin Martini's after I get home from work now and then. Love letting the olives soak in it.

between us

Day Time Drinks 5

Pre Dinner 5

During Dinner 6

After Dinner 8

These are a mixture of beer, wine, mixed drinks and cocktails

Easy decision for me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have to lol at this. A generalisation, I know, but always told "Americans don't drink". Well, I know better having cruised with several :-)

Some don't, some make up for the rest. My bottle library is 98 spirits and liqueurs, and that's not including assorted wines and ports, and the pile of mixed beer bottles in the fridge....

(And I'm just noticing that I've got more whiskies from Japan than Scotland -- need to fix that again soonish.)

I think the package is so totally worth it. One or two mimosa's in the morning to late morning, 2 to 3 bottles of water, drink with lunch, 2 drinks by the pool for 3 or 4 hours, (already over 55$) Espresso Martini before dinner (after a nap from all the afternoon alcohol) 2 glasses of Cabernet with dinner, baileys after dinner and 2 or 3 drinks for dancing the night away. WOW, I can't wait to get on this ship. :D

I do like a few drinks but not likely to do seven a day, however if I didn't have the drink package I'm too cheap to buy the fancy frozen drinks, martinis, special coffees etc - this way I don't have to think twice. I do like wine and while I've read the selection is not great at the price point I can always pay an extra buck or two if I want.

I remember seeing this question asked before but can't remember the answer nor find the thread.

Once onboard, do they sale the drink package on just embarkation day or do they continue to sale it for another day or two? And, if they do, do you just have to pay for the remaining days or do they stick you with the full cruise total?

I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to purcahse it the second day and just pay for days 2- the end?

I remember seeing this question asked before but can't remember the answer nor find the thread.

Once onboard' date=' do they sale the drink package on just embarkation day or do they continue to sale it for another day or two? And, if they do, do you just have to pay for the remaining days or do they stick you with the full cruise total?

I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to purcahse it the second day and just pay for days 2- the end?[/quote']

You can buy the drink package for part of the cruise, but it has to be for at least 4 days, and it has to last until the end of the cruise. You are charged only for the days you buy.

You can buy the drink package for part of the cruise, but it has to be for at least 4 days, and it has to last until the end of the cruise. You are charged only for the days you buy.

Thank you for that information.

And this is the same for a 5 day cruise, a 4 day minimum? I know it's just one day less than the full cruise but that really makes a difference for me on this particular trip.

[quote=Cruzn' Fool;42017532]Thank you for that information.

And this is the same for a 5 day cruise, a 4 day minimum? I know it's just one day less than the full cruise but that really makes a difference for me on this particular trip.[/quote]
Yes, 4-day minimum even for a 5-day cruise. So you could skip day 1 if you like. Edited by clarea

DH and I are cruising to Alaska (first time there) in July and decided to buy the soda package (DH) and replenish package (me) since we will be off ship a lot on port days. However, on our FOS Halloween cruise this October, we will definitely purchase the $55/day alcohol package, as it has been very worth it to us on past cruises, since we've been to the islands before and enjoy more ship time to relax. Also, the package includes alcohol while on Labadee!! Yay, Labadoozies!!:p Typical day for me would be Bailey's in coffee plus a Mimosa or Belini with breakfast, spicy (shaken, not stirred) Bloody Mary's around lunch time, drink(s) of the day by the pool, martinis with dinner, and late night whatevers that make me happy and want to dance!!:rolleyes: DH prefers his beer but likes to try varieties of bourbon and, oh, yes, Jameson (Irish whiskey) is a favorite!! Tip: Do drink water between alcoholic libations to avoid/lessen dehydration, headaches, and hangovers!!:eek:

[QUOTE=Cruzn' Fool;42017267]I remember seeing this question asked before but can't remember the answer nor find the thread.

Once onboard, do they sale the drink package on just embarkation day or do they continue to sale it for another day or two? And, if they do, do you just have to pay for the remaining days or do they stick you with the full cruise total?

I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to purcahse it the second day and just pay for days 2- the end?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is our plan.

[quote name='beerman2']Sheliasailaway

You are correct in highlighting the red. The last 2 lines are correct .

Total for day would be:

7-10 mixed drinks
2 at b/fast
2-3 Martini's

Beerman is because that's what I do for a living. I do drink beer on occasion . Mixing different drinks doesn't make me sick at all.

Hope the count clarifies things a bit, didn't mean to lead all of you astray. Maybe in my younger years I could do the combined totals.

Think about this for a minute, if your out by the pool say from 11-4 ( remembering it NOON somewhere) and have a couple of drinks/ beers an hour that's 8-10 right there.

Thinking that's pretty reasonable and not overindulging. LOL[/quote]

It works for me - I think the drink packages is very worth it and enjoyed it very much on my last cruise. I will be purchasing it again! :p

I agree with others that it does give you a chance to try different things you might not usually try.

Cheers;)

I may end up trying the $55 package just for the convenience. I may or may not break even (I predict I'll break even most days, but maybe not all).

I'm thinking on a "good day" I might have:

- A mimosa late morning (probably wouldn't do this without the package)
- 2-3 frozen drinks by the pool in the afternoon
- A before-dinner cocktail.

I don't drink alcohol with dinner.

- After dinner, I'd probably have 2 drinks or maybe 3 if we're up late dancing.
- Add in a few bottles of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and maybe a couple of sodas (usually wouldn't drink soda on a cruise, but might since it's available with the package).

When people say "that sounds like a lot of alcohol" or "I wouldn't remember my vacation," notice most people are not talking about "slamming" the drinks. They're spread out through the day and there will be lots of eating going on, too. Now if you drank 8 drinks one right after another and didn't eat, that might be a problem, LOL.

DH wouldn't come close to getting his money's worth with the $55 package because he only drinks a moderate amount of domestic beer--no liquor at all, ever. He will drink lots of bottled water and a few Diet Cokes, though, so he may do better with the Replenish package (though he never touches coffee/specialty coffee and doesn't drink orange juice) and just pay for his beer as he goes.

It seems there is not a perfect package for him, but I'm sure the packages weren't designed with people like him in mind, LOL. If they were, they would offer a package with beer, water, and sodas at a cost somewhere between the $40 and the $55 package. Hint, hint ;)

So here's a question...

What if you get a drink to "try" but don't like? What happens to it? Do you give it back to the server? Do they let you order something different immediately? What if you give it to a travelling companion (who doesn't have the package)? Do you just dump it out immediately?

Cruz Crazy

Glad someone else looked at the big picture. LOL. You are up 14-15 hours a day, on vacation, on a cruise ship with nowhere to go. What I posted is less than a drink an hour.

And it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

[quote name='SilkySal']DH and I are cruising to Alaska (first time there) in July and decided to buy the soda package (DH) and replenish package (me) since we will be off ship a lot on port days. However, on our FOS Halloween cruise this October, we will definitely purchase the $55/day alcohol package, as it has been very worth it to us on past cruises, since we've been to the islands before and enjoy more ship time to relax. Also, the package includes alcohol while on Labadee!! Yay, Labadoozies!!:p Typical day for me would be Bailey's in coffee plus a Mimosa or Belini with breakfast, spicy (shaken, not stirred) Bloody Mary's around lunch time, drink(s) of the day by the pool, martinis with dinner, and late night whatevers that make me happy and want to dance!!:rolleyes: DH prefers his beer but likes to try varieties of bourbon and, oh, yes, Jameson (Irish whiskey) is a favorite!! Tip: Do drink water between alcoholic libations to avoid/lessen dehydration, headaches, and hangovers!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

so true. and to avoid the spins.