Transportation From Houston to Galveston?

seattlejeff

there's tons of transportation options to get from the airport to the port authority - I know this because we often drive from Houston to Galveston and see all the shuttles, taxis, limos, buses, etc.

Try searching the web and see what comes up... good luck!

I would recommend getting a one-way car rental from Enterprise. I did this last year. They have a cruise special and I had a 20% off coupon code. Total for full-size was ~$18 after the discounts. When I picked up the car they had a special to upgrade to an SUV for $10 more which I did just for the luggage room.

The best part of the deal is you take the car back to Enterprise and they then take you to the terminal for free. They will also pick up up for free for the return.

Shuttles were much more expensive, as was Hertz. I'm a Hertz Gold Club Member and the best they offered me was $75 for the one way rental.

I would recommend getting a one-way car rental from Enterprise. I did this last year. They have a cruise special and I had a 20% off coupon code. Total for full-size was ~$18 after the discounts. When I picked up the car they had a special to upgrade to an SUV for $10 more which I did just for the luggage room.

The best part of the deal is you take the car back to Enterprise and they then take you to the terminal for free. They will also pick up up for free for the return.

Shuttles were much more expensive, as was Hertz. I'm a Hertz Gold Club Member and the best they offered me was $75 for the one way rental.

You're awesome!

Thanks!

I am arriving in Houston two days before, so I am renting a full size car from Avis from 8/12 to 8/21 for 299.00. I am parking it at the hotel for the entire 7 day cruise and taking the hotel shuttle to and from the terminal. This works best for me as I am traveling with 4 kids and the Carnival shuttle alone would be 310 bucks. This way, no lines, no waiting for the shuttle bus to fill up and make stops, and free parking for the whole week. Then i drop it back off at the airport.

Most hotels in Galveston offer this service- www.galveston.org.

Archived