Someone was looking for Detroit/San Juan

greatam

American has just posted a fare in O class, $239.00 all in, through the end of the schedule. There is a 2 day minimum stay (would not be a problem with a cruise). There is also limited availability for Sat/Sunday, so you may have to fly a day earlier than planned. But with the inexpensive fare, hotels would not impact the budget. Enjoy!!!

what is an "O" fare? i just went on the website and didn't see that price. we are looking to fly in january for a cruise. could you please give me more information? thanks so much.

Sorry, the fare is gone. Only lasted 2 days. When an airline posts a sale, it is usually only good for a few days-a week at the most. Book it when you first see it or it will be gone, gone, gone.

O is just a fare category. Deep discount and non-upgradable. Nothing to worry about unless you were planning to upgrade.

I went to look right after my post which was an hour after your original post and I could not find it either. I did find airfare with united for $188pp:eek: BUT you had to leave on a thursday and not come back on a sunday but on a monday....so you would probably still end up paying the same amount in the long run what with hotel, meals, etc.. Thank you greatam for trying to help us though and I will still continue to look. (we are also trying to find our airfare for january) Thanks again

rats! but thanks anyway. how can i stay ahead and find out about the sales?

Sign up for alerts and sales for every airline you may possibly want to fly on. Those emails usually show up about 5:00-7:00AM Eastern time, so you must check early and often. Also, check your favorites airlines website early in the morning. Last minute sales or price matches with other airlines are often posted there. AS I orginally posted, there was VERY limited weekend availability. And Friday was a crapshoot. Weird connections for a good fare. I spent over 1 hour trying to book two trips for friends in January and March. I had to do it schedule by schedule until I could finally get everything to work together. It is definitly a patience game.

If you try Travelocity and put in Flexible dates, you can do almost the same thing, although I have found that the bargain fares don't give quite as good connections on Travelocity.

I do logistics planning for a living, so most of this stuff is pretty easy for me, but I know it can be a bear for someone not familiar with all the nuances of air fare pricing.

You better get going on booking air. January-March are prime times for cruise passengers needing air. And everyone else going to warmer climates. The planes are flying at record full levels. Good luck!!!

Katy1011,

I was looking up load factors for January this morning. What that tells me is how full the plane is with people and how much weight I could possibly put on in excess cargo.

January on the East Coast (including Detroit, where we do business) going south to FLL is a nightmare. Planes are currently booked at 65-70% load. That indicates to me that the cheapest of the fares are already gone, gone, gone.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Unless there is a quickie sale, I would jump on ANYTHING that is in the $450.00 category.

I was wondering why all other areas of the country are not that high. also we were waiting on transmeridian flights to be posted , which tma told us they would post 8-1 for january, and now they are saying they dont have flights at the time we are looking at:eek: :eek: well now what??? the hotels arer on the rise also. please keep us updated on anything you might find. thanks. oh and spirit went up $5 from yesterday too.:mad:

Archived