NCL Gem / Guaranteed room option

Lori226

My family and I booked the Gem for 5/10 with the guaranteed room option for an ocean view room (porthole maybe). We have not yet received room assignment. I understand that it could be assigned on the day of. My question is this... I check the prices daily to see if the rate is cheaper (as they would upgrade be if it goes lower than what I paid) but as I try to "book" a room for any ocean view option to check prices, it's saying there are none available. Does that mean they sold out of the ocean view rooms that have been assigned ? Or could it mean they sold the ocean view room and we have a chance at a better upgrade?? What is latest time someone has waited to get their room assigned?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were booked in an obstructed oceanview cabin for our cruise last month. We were offered an 'upsell' of a guaranteed balcony cabin on deck 7 prior to final payment in November, to which we accepted. The cruise was sold out from mid January. We were not given our cabin assignment until 1 1/2 days before our cruise. We got a hull balcony cabin on deck 10, which we were pleased with!

There is no harm in contacting NCL about cabin availability, if any.

Good luck!!

Edited by js4rq

I posted a similar question yesterday. I too booked an oceanview guarantee on the 4/14 Gem sailing and on the NCL site all oceanview, balcony and mini suites are sold out. I do not have a room assignment yet so I got excited that I might be getting an upgrade but the nice folks on CC reminded me that NCL will upsell those suites to people before they bump me up. It is fun waiting and imagining though!