MSC vs. Oasis of the seas

kj_connections

Did you see the diving show on the Oasis??? Was that not the greatest show you've ever seen at sea? I thought it was, hands down..how about Hairspray? I thought that was THEE best musical I 've ever seen on my 29 cruises...did you take a walk thru Central Park at night and hear the wonderful 3 piece classical trio?? Dance in Dazzles night club or have a drink in the Viking Crown Lounge? Sing- along with the performers in the British Pub or Schooner's? You may have not liked the Oasis, but you are the FIRST to say you were bored on her..I have been bored on HAL & Celebrity, even on RCI's smaller ships like the Enchantment, but NEVER on the Freedom class nor any of the Oasis/ Allure ships....really, are you serious???

No the Diving show wasn't the best show I've seen, it was a show called 'Blue' on the Allure, followed by a show called 'Cats' on the Allure

Central Park was empty, and hot on warm sea days because of its design, and I never said I didn't like the Oasis class ships those are your words, I said from my experience there are areas on the Oasis class I do not like because I have experienced them, unlike others who call cruise experience garbage!

I also don't zip line, I don't wall climb, or use the wave runners, I don't need the Carnival area, but would I cruise an Oasis class ship again, 'absolutely yes', but at a price I feel it is worth it for what we get for our money's worth, is that serious enough for you!

Where did I say I was bored, again you're not reading my comments! As for the comparison you made between smaller RCL ships and Larger RCL ships, many of the larger RCL ships(except the Freedom which we like better then the Oasis Class) have 3 sea days on 7 day cruises, and we prefer the port days! So the smaller ships like the Radiance, and Jewel, are to our liking, but the Freedom to us is our favorite!

Your comments on HAL(very laid back line), and Celebrity (more expensive, more refined) I understand, although I may not always agree, because if you're looking for a more upscale/quiet cruise, these lines would be a good choice! When you want to party, go Carnival ! These are our opinions from our 'cruise experience', and not meant to offend anyone!

Too much Gran Canarian beer led me to a moment of weakness and been dragged back into this pointless back and forth.

I shall now try and remove myself and get back to preparing to actually cruise on MSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can everyone please try to understand.

Cruisetrail has an opinion. He is entitled to an opinion, as is everybody here on cruisecritic.

However, some opinions are worth more than others, because some people have personal EXPERIENCE of the experience they are expressing.

Cruisetrail's opinion is based on google searches and his assumption of what cruising on an MSC ship will be like. An opinion based on a love if wrap-around promenade decks and front observation lounges. Is his opinion and less valid? Only you can decide for yourselves. I have cruised on a ship with a wrap-around promenade deck and a front observation deck. They were good, but they are not a necessary that means the absence of is a poor cruise.

I for one can talk FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE as I have cruised MSC twice and will for a third time tomorrow.

It's at this point that cruisetrail calls me a troll and reports my posts. Posts that are based on experience and not assumptions.

I agree with most everything you said!

You are the 'experienced' type person I look to for info on MSC because I haven't cruised them yet! Your experience gives us insight, I may agree, or not, but its good info based on experience, not made up opinions!

Too much Gran Canarian beer led me to a moment of weakness and been dragged back into this pointless back and forth.

I shall now try and remove myself and get back to preparing to actually cruise on MSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOT

Enjoy your cruise!:D

Edited by Russian Bear

Cruisetrail's opinion is based on google searches and his assumption of what cruising on an MSC ship will be like.

This is lie.

My information comes from first-hand experience, documents provided by the cruise line and also from internet sources. My research.

Did you see the diving show on the Oasis??? Was that not the greatest show you've ever seen at sea? I thought it was, hands down..how about Hairspray? I thought that was THEE best musical I 've ever seen on my 29 cruises...did you take a walk thru Central Park at night and hear the wonderful 3 piece classical trio?? Dance in Dazzles night club or have a drink in the Viking Crown Lounge? Sing- along with the performers in the British Pub or Schooner's? You may have not liked the Oasis, but you are the FIRST to say you were bored on her..I have been bored on HAL & Celebrity, even on RCI's smaller ships like the Enchantment, but NEVER on the Freedom class nor any of the Oasis/ Allure ships....really, are you serious???

The Oasis class offers the most diverse entertainment program at sea.

No space for discussions.

It's based on technology that is not available on other ships.

Edited by cruisetrail

This is lie.

My information comes from first hand experience, documents provided by the cruise line and also from internet sources.

You're calling someone else a liar?! No space for discussion?

That's special!:D

This is a place of discussion!

'Google Cruiser', whatever makes you happy!

This is lie.

My information comes from first hand experience, documents provided by the cruise line and also from internet sources.

I loved the Oasis - probably my favorite cruise after the Tahitian Princess - but I don't care how Divina compares. ..... I am looking forward to a nice vacation with my husband - so often we cruise with others and I am really looking forward to some time away from work to focus on my husband. What a great rate we got - a balcony& drink package for less tales that third what I paid for my Oasis balcony - I am going to have a good time ! If it's not perfect - ok

- but I will have more than my money's worth of fun and some special - much needed - alone time with DH!

I loved the Oasis - probably my favorite cruise after the Tahitian Princess - but I don't care how Divina compares. ..... I am looking forward to a nice vacation with my husband - so often we cruise with others and I am really looking forward to some time away from work to focus on my husband. What a great rate we got - a balcony& drink package for less tales that third what I paid for my Oasis balcony - I am going to have a good time ! If it's not perfect - ok

- but I will have more than my money's worth of fun and some special - much needed - alone time with DH!

Have a great cruise!:)

The Oasis ships are terrific ships, perfect no, but who cares cause we think all ships are great!:D

We think like you, the more we pay the more we expect! At the rate we paid for the Divina, I won't be surprised if they hand us oars, and tell us we're rowing across the Caribbean!:D (a Carnival joke)

Have a great cruise!:)

The Oasis ships are terrific ships, perfect no, but who cares cause we think all ships are great!:D

We think like you, the more we pay the more we expect! At the rate we paid for the Divina, I won't be surprised if they hand us oars, and tell us we're rowing across the Caribbean!:D (a Carnival joke)

No they might make you make your own bed or cook your own bacon.. :)

Edited by Bosjoe

Liar is someone who lies.

Do you want to discuss entertainment program on Oasis class vs Fantasia class?

Go ahead! :D

I love the Oasis/Allure these ship are the destination and the shows are fabulous but the shows on the Divina are the best at sea and yes i have been on all 3.

We really enjoyed the shows on the Oasis ships, so your comment about the Divina shows make it something to look forward to!:)

Russian Bear,

Cruise lines' fans (including neophyte fans - "message board cruisers" - they are praising a ship attention please! before (OMG) they actually take a cruise on it) are cruise lines' worst friends.

They don't listen to the best advice: If you love MSC - never compare MSC with anything above Carnival and NCL.

This is a handout for you to help you fulfil an epic task - compare Oasis class and MSC Divina entertainment programs.

When you return from the Divina, please don't forget to describe how Aqua Theater, Studio B (Ice Theater), Zip-line, Broadway Musicals, Promenade Parades, Captain's Welcome Show, Live Orchestra, FlowRider, Etc. compare to the program on MSC Divina.

Happy Comparison!

RCI Oasis Class ships - Sample Entertainment Program

p1_zpsdc6aafd9.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

While I can appreciate Cruisetrail's love of Oasis Class ships......I have no interest in that product.

Too big for me. Largest ship I ever cruised on was 109K GT and I barely felt like I could "bond" with that ship. I took a 6 hour guided tour of the 129K GT Disney Fantasy this year and kept saying to myself "too big", I don't feel like I'm even on a cruise ship any more. Too many gimmicks as well.

Oasis at 225K GT.....not a chance in hell. Too big. Might as well just go to a land resort.

I know the Divina is going to be the biggest thing I've ever stepped foot on and is probably too big for me......I'm just going to find my zone and stay in it.

......I'm just going to find my zone and stay in it.

I like your idea.

Believe me, you'll find much more zones "to stay in" on the Allure/Oasis.

P.S. I am not in love with the Allure. :)

I'm just making it clear: Allure and Divina are incomparable products.

Edited by cruisetrail

I like your idea.

I don't think I'll find out about Allure any time soon. After Divina I think I want to try Windstar's Wind Surf.

I hope you enjoy them as much as i did. When are you going?

Thanks, we're going in May for a back to back so we can see both cruises offered, one east, one west!:) Very much looking forward to their shows! We really liked the Blue show, and the Chicago show on Allure! :)

I love the Oasis/Allure these ship are the destination and the shows are fabulous but the shows on the Divina are the best at sea and yes i have been on all 3.

I am glad to hear this too! I've heard such good things about the shows! To me that is one of the things I enjoy most about cruising.

the shows on the Divina are the best at sea and yes i have been on all 3.

Could you be more specific?

What in your opinion make them "the best at sea"?

I've heard various opinions.

There are tons of video on youtube.

I like your idea.

Cruisetail,

When were you on Divina? Or when are you booked on Divina?

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you would feel that was an intrusion as your signature is full of reviews and videos from past trips.

Let me then ask have you ever been on the Divina or do you have immediate future plans to sail on her?