Is there an easy way to see if a cabin can hold more than 2?

frayedend

So the question I have is are you planning on sneaking him into the cabin with you? If so, will never work... Why not just call Carnival or your TA and ask that question? Or, you can try a mock booking to see if a similar cabin can hold 3 people.

Steve

I am booked on Valor cabin 8260. Just found out my nephew may want to go. Is there a way without calling to find out if the cabin can hold 3?

According to the deck plans at carnival that cabin is on for 2 people.

Tammi

Yes there is an easy way. Go to the Carnival site, click on Explore our Ships. Click on Valor. Click on Veranda Deck. Find 8260 and put your cursor over the room. It will display how many people the cabin will hold. In your case, it's two.

Just keep dragging the cursor along the cabins and you should find one that holds three.

Look on the carnival website - go to our ships then deck plans. Find your deck and hover your cursor over the room and it will tell you how many people it will hold.

In your case, it holds 2. If you decide to add your nephew to your booking, you will need to have a different room.

So the question I have is are you planning on sneaking him into the cabin with you? If so, will never work... Why not just call Carnival or your TA and ask that question? Or, you can try a mock booking to see if a similar cabin can hold 3 people.

Steve

I can't speak for OP, but I know I HATE HATE HATE calling people for questions like that. Sitting on hold while I have other things I could be doing on time, hoping there aren't connection issues between my phone and theirs, keeping my toddler quiet enough for me to hear what the person on the other end of the phone is saying. Generally, if I have to call to find the answer about something, I just go on not knowing the answer because it's a PITA for me to make phone calls.

Steve

Honestly if you have no answer then why post? Obviously the other posts below yours prove that there is an answer and the other posters read my OP that stated he "may" want to go.

Anyhow the good news is a cabin very close to us is open that holds 3. If he decides to go then I should be able to switch, hopefully. I just think I'll need to pay full deposit (got the $50 deal when I booked).

Edited by frayedend

Folks, sorry if I touched off a nerve. I did suggest he go onto the Carnival website and see if the cabin (or a similar one) can hold three people. And if I have a question I need an answer that I can't find on a company's website, I will call to get an answer. I would rather have an answer than be left in the dark on a question.

Folks, sorry if I touched off a nerve. I did suggest he go onto the Carnival website and see if the cabin (or a similar one) can hold three people. And if I have a question I need an answer that I can't find on a company's website, I will call to get an answer. I would rather have an answer than be left in the dark on a question.

I just assumed you ignored where I didn't want to call. Honestly, I'm just the type of person that likes to have all the info before I have to talk to someone, or as mentioned before, be on hold and all that. I didn't realize the deck plans showed the passenger number in the cabins so this thread was definitely helpful.

Yep, agree with you about calling... I do a LOT of research on the internet and only call when I have to... I hate the various "hold" times and menus you have to do to talk with someone. And glad this thread was helpful. I've learned some things while on here (like you can order from the kids menu for desserts in the MDR (they supposedly have sundaes :)... love desserts)

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Steve

I am booked on Valor cabin 8260. Just found out my nephew may want to go. Is there a way without calling to find out if the cabin can hold 3?

Yes. Call 1-800-CARNIVAL. Hit 0 until you reach an operator. Ask if the cabin can hold 3. Await a response. Say thank you. Hang up.

The OP said "without calling".

OP - I know you already have your answer (and some snarky comments) but I wanted to give you a link to this site. I use it all the time and even bought the membership to see the additional things there. Anyone can see their deckplans though and if you look to the bottom left there is a legend that shows what the symbols mean so you can tell what capacity each cabin is. There is also a drag the decks feature that you can use to see exactly what is over and below your cabin. I usually put them at 75% and then line up the elevators to make sure they are correct. You may want to bookmark the site for future use. I have found it very helpful.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

OP - I know you already have your answer (and some snarky comments) but I wanted to give you a link to this site. I use it all the time and even bought the membership to see the additional things there. Anyone can see their deckplans though and if you look to the bottom left there is a legend that shows what the symbols mean so you can tell what capacity each cabin is. There is also a drag the decks feature that you can use to see exactly what is over and below your cabin. I usually put them at 75% and then line up the elevators to make sure they are correct. You may want to bookmark the site for future use. I have found it very helpful.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Excellent! Thank you very much. This will come in handy, especially seeing what is above and below. I had a hard time doing that last time I booked. :)