I need to put more than 1/2 down to book?

Amink

that seems a little steep....

I called carnival today, to get the sailing we want, the total cost would be $2342 for all 5 of us, but then tells me we need $250 per person down.

that is more than half the total amount, is that right?

That seems kind of steep!

I am getting frustrated that the post quick reply does not function.

That just seems so high. I thought the last time I put a deposit down it was like $200 total. I guess I will have to wait till February and hope we can still get the same price.

The only thing keeping my mind off the miscarriage I am currently going through has been planning this cruise and I am frustrated at every single turn.

We booked in January for the Breeze Sept sailing and we had to put $300 per person down , 8night /9 day sailing. BUT if you wait for another promotion for the $50 down pp that is a big difference! The have those fairly often so you might want to hold off a bit on booking your cruise if putting the bigger hunk is a strain on your pocket book. The flip side of that is 50% of your cruise is PAID for already and it would be easy to pay off the rest......just a thought. Hope it all works out for you!

I will have to keep my eye out for that promotion.

I just can't do half. I don't even think I could do 100pp today.

The good news is if I can get the booking after we get our tav refund next year, I can pay for it in full.

I called carnival today, to get the sailing we want, the total cost would be $2342 for all 5 of us, but then tells me we need $250 per person down.

Are you sure it was $250 pp? Right now Carnival is having a sale with deposits of $50 pp, which would be a total of $250. Call and talk to another Carnival person.

Are you able to book one person in a cabin now, then add others as you can afford their deposits? I don't know how that kind of thing goes, but it might be able to get the cruise booked now, so you don't have to worry about the rate going up, but you don't have to pay the 1250 in deposit right away.

We usually only cruise once, or twice a year:mad::mad:

So, when we DO, we usually do an 8 night cruise, which requires $300pp:eek:

This year we lucked out with the $50pp special.

Not that we can't afford it, but if, GOD FORBID, something happens, we are only out $150 vs. $900.

Final payment is not due until 30 days prior vs 75 days.

We're happy. We are going to hold out for price drops.:D:D

Good luck!!!!

No no has even mentioned your miscarriage. I am truly sorry you have to go through that. I have two little ones that I will always carry in my heart. I hope everything works out for you with the cruise booking. If not right now, at least you will have something to look forward to when you can get it booked.

I had to put 700 down for Alaska for 2 people, just over half the total price with taxes and fees, but I had the total already, I just waited another month to pay it off to add some cushion to my savings, made me feel safer :)

So that would have been 350 pp, I wonder if it is different for different destinations/ cruise lenghts...

So that would have been 350 pp, I wonder if it is different for different destinations/ cruise lenghts...

You are right. Cruise length and destination determine the amount of deposit required.

Of course there are times when there are reduced deposits. Be careful of those as any change to booking has caused problems in the past.

They have occasionally been running reduced deposit sales at 50.00 per person. Keep checking every few days or if you use a TA have them notify you when they see another sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's always $250 pp. on 8+ nights its $300 pp. they have been running specials where it's $50 pp deposit, but you still end up paying the same amount at the end of the day.