FYI for those in Old San Juan on March 23rd. Possible traffic disruption alert!!

Stinger-pr

I just wanted to let all of you that sail from, arrive at or are visiting Old San Juan and the Isla Verde/Condado areas. I just recieved notice from the Puerto Rico Hotel Association of TWO marathons that could probably disrupt traffic in the Old San Juan/ Condado/ Isla Verde area. Please read below and check your transportation plans from these areas or to/from the airport to/from the piers. Hope this can be of help:

Dear PRHTA Members:

It is important to make sure you notify your guests so they can make the necessary travel arrangements or be aware that there will be traffic issues on Sunday, March 23 starting at 5 a.m. due to the two races that will be taking place: the Puerto Rico Marathon and Half Marathon.

Both races will take place starting simultaneously from the Jaime Benitez Park through Old San Juan, passing by Condado, Ocean Park, Isla Verde, Hato Rey, Santurce and the Puerto Rico Convention Center. The route goes back through Old San Juan up to the finish line at the Third Millennium Park.

A race Expo will take place on March 21-22 at the Exhibition Hall and the Grand Rosales Room at the Caribe Hilton.

For more information about the race you can visit www marathonpuertorico dot com.

I just wanted to let all of you that sail from, arrive at or are visiting Old San Juan and the Isla Verde/Condado areas. I just recieved notice from the Puerto Rico Hotel Association of TWO marathons that could probably disrupt traffic in the Old San Juan/ Condado/ Isla Verde area. Please read below and check your transportation plans from these areas or to/from the airport to/from the piers. Hope this can be of help:

Dear PRHTA Members:

It is important to make sure you notify your guests so they can make the necessary travel arrangements or be aware that there will be traffic issues on Sunday, March 23 starting at 5 a.m. due to the two races that will be taking place: the Puerto Rico Marathon and Half Marathon.

Both races will take place starting simultaneously from the Jaime Benitez Park through Old San Juan, passing by Condado, Ocean Park, Isla Verde, Hato Rey, Santurce and the Puerto Rico Convention Center. The route goes back through Old San Juan up to the finish line at the Third Millennium Park.

A race Expo will take place on March 21-22 at the Exhibition Hall and the Grand Rosales Room at the Caribe Hilton.

For more information about the race you can visit www marathonpuertorico dot com.

Thanks for the info! Even though our cruise departs on the 22nd, I am glad to be aware of the Expo on the 21st and 22nd. We are staying there pre-cruise. Sounds like it may be hectic there too!

Anyone ever dealt with this or know what to expect. We fly in on Saturday and then head out for cruise on Sunday. We were planning on getting to the ship around 1:30 or 2:00. Any idea what time races will be over or how much time to allow to get to ship? We are staying at the Marriott. Thanks for any information!