Waitlisted?

smurf1635

We are currently still "waitlisted" for our request of dining preference. We sail in just over 3 weeks, at what point should I give up hope? Will Carnival notify me, if they can grant my request? Or even if they can't?

Thanks much,

Robin

We are currently still "waitlisted" for our request of dining preference. We sail in just over 3 weeks, at what point should I give up hope? Will Carnival notify me, if they can grant my request? Or even if they can't?

Thanks much,

Robin

They won't notify you. When you get your S&S card it will have your dining time and table assignment on it. You can try to go to the MD at 1:30 on embarkation day and see if you can be switched.

Early dining is the most desired and the most difficult to get. Anytime dining is the next most popular and late dining is the least popular.

Nope, I don't think they'll notify you in any case. The only thing you can do is take a look at your "sign-n-sail" card when you check in at the port, and see if you got what you wanted. If not, then go see the Maitre'd who is normally available for questions/requests on embarkation day. Usually he's in the forward dining room at around 1 P.M.,however since the "Sunshine" is a bit different than most, I'd suggest checking with the pursers desk, or taking a look at the daily planner. Who knows, you might have exactly what you've requested! ;)

"SKY"

Early dining is the most desired and the most difficult to get. Anytime dining is the next most popular and late dining is the least popular.

Late seating is what we are waitlisted for. Anytime is what we currently have. No worries, I'm sure we wont go hungry! :p

Thanks,

Robin

Late seating is what we are waitlisted for. Anytime is what we currently have. No worries, I'm sure we wont go hungry! :p

Thanks,

Robin

That is not bad. Just go around the late seating time and there won't be any difference. Bad is when you want late and get early or vice versa. :)

Thanks,

Robin

Actually I would stay with Anytime.

You can go as late as 9:15, request the same dining team if you like them and going after 8pm there is no wait.

I've chosen Anytime on my last 10 cruises and love it, though we do eat a bit earlier, usually around 7pm.......Our last cruise on the Sunshine I was not impressed with the MDR waitstaff and we never found someone we particularly liked.

On the Magic in October though we were seated in Joel's section the 1st night and enjoyed his team so much we ate there all week.

I disagree with the Anytime fans. I do not like the concept and it has failed when I have tried it.

I would recommend that if you don't get off the waitlist by check-in, that you go see the Maitre D on the afternoon of embarkation. 99.9% of the time there is a time (1 or 130-3) to go make requests. For me personally (although your mileage may vary), I have ended up with the seating that I requested.

Sorry Carnival, your version of Anytime does not work for me. It is the one thing I am not looking forward to on NCL in a year.

I disagree with the Anytime fans. I do not like the concept and it has failed when I have tried it.

I would recommend that if you don't get off the waitlist by check-in, that you go see the Maitre D on the afternoon of embarkation. 99.9% of the time there is a time (1 or 130-3) to go make requests. For me personally (although your mileage may vary), I have ended up with the seating that I requested.

Sorry Carnival, your version of Anytime does not work for me. It is the one thing I am not looking forward to on NCL in a year.

I have been loving it......what problems have you encountered?

I have been loving it......what problems have you encountered?

Long waits to get in. Longish waits for food that may be lukewarm. The waiters seemed less attentive. Tried a couple times on Carnival and Princess and didn't like it.

I am hoping on my NCL cruise it is a bit more of a well oiled machine since that is their thing.

EDIT: To be fair, let me say I have not tried in the last 3 years as I have had assigned seating since the last time I tried it. Maybe it is better now?

EDIT2: I have been very lucky to always have fantastic, fun table mates. One bad cruise re tablemates and I may be tempted to try Anytime again.

Edited by cdamion

I prefer assigned (late) seating also, but we had Your Time Dining on the Freedom in 2011 and it was fine. We had to wait a few times (15-20 minutes), but that's because my wife always requested a table by the window.