Can I Cancel NCL Cruise Insurance?

We sail in 2 months and I took the NCL Cruise Insurance at the time of booking. Can I cancel it now? Would I get back all the cost of it?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can, but unless you have purchased other insurance I would not. You just need to call them.

We sail in 2 months and I took the NCL Cruise Insurance at the time of booking. Can I cancel it now? Would I get back all the cost of it?

Thanks for any help.

Interesting question. Insurance"could" cover events like:

a) need to cancel before cruising

b) medical expenses

c) emergency return home

d) etc

If you bought insurance for "a", you have had that coverage in force already. If they gave you their money back, well....

It would be like buying car insurance for 6 months. But, at 5 and 1/2 months you never used it and wanted to cancel cause you never used it. Hmmm....

Thanks for any help.

Why do you want to, you haven't cancelled the cruise so all possible eventualities that may necessitate a claim remain in place.

:confused:

Thanks for any help.

If you did not want NCL Cruise insurance you should have cancelled it before final payment. Once final payment is made the insurance is in effect so you can't cancel and get your money back.

If you did not want NCL Cruise insurance you should have cancelled it before final payment. Once final payment is made the insurance is in effect so you can't cancel and get your money back.

Final payment or final payment date?

I have the standard insurance and made final payment a week or so ago. Payment is due in two days March 16th. Can I drop the Standard insurance (75% money back) and purchase more. I would like 100% money back if I get sick.

Final payment or final payment date?

I have the standard insurance and made final payment a week or so ago. Payment is due in two days March 16th. Can I drop the Standard insurance (75% money back) and purchase more. I would like 100% money back if I get sick.

I just downloaded and printed the insurance policy offered by NCL. The standard policy does cover 100% for pre cruise sickness. So I don't need more insurance.

I am concerned not for me as much as my In-Laws who will be cruising with us. Hopefully they will not need it.

I just downloaded and printed the insurance policy offered by NCL. The standard policy does cover 100% for pre cruise sickness. So I don't need more insurance.

I am concerned not for me as much as my In-Laws who will be cruising with us. Hopefully they will not need it.

NCL also has a premium policy that covers 90%, you may be able to increase the coverage if you want. You can also just increase the In-Laws policies. I've done that before. As long as final payment date has not past, you should be able to increase

Thanks for any help.

I would think that if NCL was who you purchased the insurance from, then you should be discussing it with NCL - Not cruise critic members.

re: 75% back vs 100% back.

This portion of insurance, and ONLY this portion is not exactly a smart decision. This is NOT about medical evacuation, etc.

Anyways... people buy insurance because they supposedly can not blow $2,000 due to their current budget. But, here is the bad logic. Apparently, they can afford it. After all, they already paid for it. The cost of the cruise is EXACTLY the same if they go, or do not go. Actually, it is less if they do not go.

What they may not be able to afford emotionally is to miss a cruise. I get that.

The real question, can they afford another $150 or whatever to place that bet?

Logic and fear of heartache make for poor decision making.

This portion of insurance, and ONLY this portion is not exactly a smart decision. This is NOT about medical evacuation, etc.

Anyways... people buy insurance because they supposedly can not blow $2,000 due to their current budget. But, here is the bad logic. Apparently, they can afford it. After all, they already paid for it. The cost of the cruise is EXACTLY the same if they go, or do not go. Actually, it is less if they do not go.

What they may not be able to afford emotionally is to miss a cruise. I get that.

Wouldn't the point be that their budget doesn't allow them to come up with the funds to replace the cruise they couldn't take?

Edited by phoenix1181
typo

As I stated prior... The standard NCL insurance does cover 100% for pre cruise sickness. For the price paid $109, it is well worth it. FIL and MIL are78 yo and who knows, could take ill anytime. The cruise price wont break them, but who wants to loose $3500 compared to $218? Bad logic?

As a person who's used it when a Hurricane brought us early to an abandoned port, as well as having to leave a cruise early due to a family death.. I can tell you there are MANY reasons to have insurance, and I always get it..