P&O fare options

MPat 6SC

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of opting for the Saver Fare rather than the Select Fare. In particular if you prefer late sitting dining or flexible dining and you are allocated early sitting how flexible are they on this ?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of opting for the Saver Fare rather than the Select Fare. In particular if you prefer late sitting dining or flexible dining and you are allocated early sitting how flexible are they on this ?

Thanks,

Mike

Looking at the T and C for the saver fare, it says dining is allocated onboard. I think that what you are allocated is what you will have to stick with. If you have a sailing with a lot of saver fare booking you will not all be able to have what you want.

If you book a saver fare does anyone know if they actually ask you what you would prefer and try and work with that.

Possibly a popular thing like freedom dining would be booked by select and early saver fares.

Hi,

Thanks,

Mike

They will not change your dining allocation if you book a "saver" fare, you cannot change once on-board. If you require a specific time then the only way to guarantee it is to book a "select" fare, however, if you book an "early saver" you will be asked your preferred dining times and you will get second priority and "late savers" third priority.

Seems fair to me, and if you do not get your choice there are plenty of dining options/venues for you to choose from.

They will not change your dining allocation if you book a "saver" fare, you cannot change once on-board. If you require a specific time then the only way to guarantee it is to book a "select" fare, however, if you book an "early saver" you will be asked your preferred dining times and you will get second priority and "late savers" third priority.

Seems fair to me, and if you do not get your choice there are plenty of dining options/venues for you to choose from.

I think this is a fair way of allocating the dining. I have booked an early saver for May and I was asked my preference but will make do if I don't get it. The price I paid for a cheaper cruise.:eek:

I don't think 'saver' fares should have any choice or even preference of dining time, what is the point of P&O trying to differentiate the fare structure and then eroding their own rules?

similar for 'select' fares and cabins, if you are only offered a guarantee what is the point of paying extra for a select.

If you pay full price you have the first choice on every service that P&O Offer.

You can choose your Cabin and it's location.

You have first choice on Upgrades.

You get to choose your meal times (or freedom dining) and P&O will give you first choice if possible.

You also get Free Shuttle bus's and a little OBC and all the other little perks.

If you pay a saver fare you get what is left.

Your Cabin will likely be in a less desirable part of the ship.

You will get the lower cabin grades.

You will have no choice on meal times.

You may have to pay for Shuttle's.

You can't use Promotions, Future Cruise offers etc. and you don't get any OBC or other bonuses.

I think you end up with exactly what you pay for and quite rightly they will not allow you to change Cabin, Meal Times etc.

We have booked both Full Price and discounted cruises. I'm happy to pay when we want to pay, if we book late and are less fussed then we pay our money and take our chances.

I don't think 'saver' fares should have any choice or even preference of dining time, what is the point of P&O trying to differentiate the fare structure and then eroding their own rules?

similar for 'select' fares and cabins, if you are only offered a guarantee what is the point of paying extra for a select.

If after all select fare passengers have had their choice there is still the ability for any saver fare passenger to switch to a preferred dining choice; then I as a no choice select fare payer (need an Acc. cabin) would have no objection to that being offered once on board.

It would not affect my cruise and if it enabled someone else to enjoy their's more, then that's fine with me.

Early saver gets their choice of dining after Select have chosen theirs. Well this was the way it was explained to me by P and O. Then savers get no choice at all.

Trish, if you believe everything that a P&O agent tells you, then you have not been absorbing the information here on Cruise Critic.

If you pay full price you have the first choice on every service that P&O Offer.

You can choose your Cabin and it's location.

You have first choice on Upgrades.

You get to choose your meal times (or freedom dining) and P&O will give you first choice if possible.

You also get Free Shuttle bus's and a little OBC and all the other little perks.

If you pay a saver fare you get what is left.

Your Cabin will likely be in a less desirable part of the ship.

You will get the lower cabin grades.

You will have no choice on meal times.

You may have to pay for Shuttle's.

You can't use Promotions, Future Cruise offers etc. and you don't get any OBC or other bonuses.

I think you end up with exactly what you pay for and quite rightly they will not allow you to change Cabin, Meal Times etc.

We have booked both Full Price and discounted cruises. I'm happy to pay when we want to pay, if we book late and are less fussed then we pay our money and take our chances.

But beware there are two saver fares. The EARLY SAVER and the SAVER fare.

The SAVER fare you get no choice of dining you will get what you are given when your onboard.

But the EARLY SAVER fare you will get a chance to say which dining you would like nearer the time but are not guaranteed to get it and you won't find out till your onboard.

I booked last week an EARLY SAVER fare for our cruise in June. We found out our cabin the day after, its the same grade that we booked and we are very pleased with its position.( I think we got cabin number early as its a cabin for 4) on our letter it says early savers recieve second priority for dining. We will attempt to accommodate your request but this is not guaranteed. You find out onboard and it cannot be changed. To register dining preference click the link.

Thanks John, I am not that gullible.;) haha. Are you Select or Saver fare John as I couldn't understand why you get no choice with Select:confused::confused::confused:

What I meant was that I have no choice other than to be select as we need an accessible cabin which sell out early.