Star 11 day San Francisco to Alaska Inside Passage

workinggal

We are considering this cruise Aug. 19. Have been reading reviews about the Star and wondering: is it really that bad? Have cruised 8 times before with Princess, the last was Jan of this year, 10 day to Easter Caribb. on the Emerald. Oh, yes, I know to sift through the reviews and be open-minded.:)

I haven't been on the Star yet, but I will this summer. I have been reading the reviews, and they didn't seem any more negative to me than the usual. Maybe I'm not all that perceptive. :) Every new ship or itinerary I research has its share of disappointed/disgruntled reviewers. If every review were bad, I guess there would be no one on any ship, but there are always happy people around on every cruise I have taken. Someone is satisfied. I guess I'll follow this thread to see if I did miss something.

We took the Star from San Francisco to Alaska a couple of years ago. The ship was fine, the service was excellent, overall it was great, and that was important because the weather was miserable and we chose to stay on board in most ports. I would not hesitate to sail on her again. We picked the Pacific Princess out of Vancouver for this year's Alaska cruise. Having choices of different ships is part of what we love about Princess. Star in 2012, Pacific in 2014, and just booked Coral for 2015. Three completely different ships, sailing from two different ports, and I know that we will not have a major complaint from past experience.

I will have to say that I probably won't sail on the Star our of SFO again, but it has to do with the port facilities - not the ship. Maybe when they get that new building open for cruise ships we will try it again, but not again from the current pier.