Irie Mon Beach Break - Jamaica

cndljen

We just went to Red Stripe Beach last week and had the kind of experience that you seem to be looking for. Prices for food and drink were reasonable and staff was extremely friendly and helpful without being overbearing.

Is this excursion worth the money? I'm not considering this for the beach/water its for the experience. Want to sit back and watch their culture and enjoy the drinks and bbq.

I wold like to know the same, going to Jamaica in December

We just went to Red Stripe Beach last week and had the kind of experience that you seem to be looking for. Prices for food and drink were reasonable and staff was extremely friendly and helpful without being overbearing.

Well with the Irie Mon Beach Break the food and drinks are included. That's why I'm wondering how that excursion is.

Hi Bill ~ hope you and Rita are doing well. I was wondering if this is the same beach area we went to in Feb 2013. It was an RCI excursion but was called Chukka Beach Break. They took us by bus from the pier area about 10 minutes away. I really enjoyed it there but do not see the exact excursion we took on the excursion list for Falmouth now. We spent much more money earlier this month to get to Hilton Rose Hall and a few of us do not think it is worth the money...$110 per person but we booked in independently

Is this excursion worth the money? I'm not considering this for the beach/water its for the experience. Want to sit back and watch their culture and enjoy the drinks and bbq.

Yes, we did this excursion about a year ago.

We quite enjoyed our day there.

The drinks were good, the food was great! and you could either kick back under an umbrella, in the sun, play beach games, or play on the big inflatable water toys.

It was about a half hour drive - almost right into Mo Bay.

• 2 weeks later...
For clarification: Is this called the Irie Mon Beach Break? Would you recommend this for families? Is this an all inclusive or just transportation? We are there 4/16 on FOS.

Yes. And Yes, absolutely. There were families there when we visited.

It is all inclusive.

• 2 weeks later...

How long of ride is it? Compare Red Strip to Irie Mon Beach? Can you go to Irie Mon without an excursion. Prices seem really high to go to a beach!!

just want a beach in Falmouth to go to. Now that Chukka is no longer available, what is the next best? Is Red Strip okay to go to?