horseback riding thru Princess

Luvmyrotts

I had to go look it up on the Princess website. It is the same tour we booked through NCL last year.

I am an experienced rider and although I found the ride nice and very pretty, it was a little slow for me. The tour guides were fantastic and the young man that runs the ranch is very experienced, growing up on a dude ranch in Colorado. We had a great time but I do not think I would do it again.

As far as I know there is only one horseback ride in Skagway. You do a trail ride from the ranch outside of Skagway over to the town site of Dyea.

Here is the description from www.cruiseportinsider.com

Horseback Riding

horse.jpg

Alaska Excursions offers the Chilkoot Horseback Adventure, a one hour and forty-five minutes ride through the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park. After pick-up at the Cruise Ship docks, you'll travel 9 miles to Alaska Excursions' ranch in Dyea. Then you're off on your ride. Along the way, your guides will entertain you with tales from the crazed gold rush of 1898, including the boom and bust of the town of Dyea. You'll pass by some of the few remaining signs of what was once a bustling gold rush town of 10,000 hopeful prospectors, including the Slide Cemetery. Then you will ride out of the rainforest and onto the Dyea flats overlooking the northern tip of the Lynn Canal. The entire trip, which also includes post-ride refreshments and Alaskan salmon pate, takes 3½ hours. The price includes round trip transportation from the Cruise Ship dock. The trip runs $159 per person.

Phone: (907) 983-4444