Carnival Paradise - Just Back!

Chip_h3

We're just back from our Carnival Paradise wedding. It was awesome! We were very happy with the whole experience and are very pleased that this is the way we decided to get married. Having all of our friends and family on the cruise with us was so much fun. We got married in the Normandie Lounge and had the reception in the Rex Disco. Everyone was brought to tears by the bride's grand entrance down the staircase. The reception food was magnificent and the cake was delicious. We spent a lot more on photographs than we had planned, but the coffee table book was spectacular! We will post more details and pictures later. Let us know if you have any questions. Erik and Karen :)

We're just back from our Carnival Paradise wedding. It was awesome! We were very happy with the whole experience and are very pleased that this is the way we decided to get married. Having all of our friends and family on the cruise with us was so much fun. We got married in the Normandie Lounge and had the reception in the Rex Disco. Everyone was brought to tears by the bride's grand entrance down the staircase. The reception food was magnificent and the cake was delicious. We spent a lot more on photographs than we had planned, but the coffee table book was spectacular! We will post more details and pictures later. Let us know if you have any questions. Erik and Karen :)

I'm dying to see pics!! hahahaha i look every hour hahaha!!

I do tooooo! OP, where are you?!?

I'm mailing out some of my passport invites today! Im going to create a post with some pictures, but yours were so helpful when I created mine, so THANK YOU for doing some of the work for me :) :p

Courtney

I'm mailing out some of my passport invites today! Im going to create a post with some pictures, but yours were so helpful when I created mine, so THANK YOU for doing some of the work for me :) :p

Courtney

Aww you are so welcome! Going to check out your thread right now! :)

Can we view your pics now?? :) :) :)

So I'm getting married on the Carnival Paradise in port of tampa on June 13,2015 & would LOVEto see pictures & tips from past brides on this ship!!! We have secured a DJ, & will be in the Rex Night Club for our reception- any tips or suggestions or reviews there?? How is the h'orderves & drinks? Any suggestions on flavors of cake to get or steer clear of?? So I know I'll have 16 sailing guests & planon 50 non sailing, but may be less... Anyone know what the guest amount is for the Normandi Lounge vs the Leonardo Lounge.. any preference?? I GREATLY appreciate all tips!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Soooo want to see the pictures.

I am getting married on July 13th, on the legend....leaving from tampa too. I am glad you love it. I hope we made the right decision about a cruise. My question is....I know we have to have our hair and make up done. Any recommendation where to go in Tampa? Thank you! W

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Soooo want to see the pictures.

I am getting married on July 13th, on the legend....leaving from tampa too. I am glad you love it. I hope we made the right decision about a cruise. My question is....I know we have to have our hair and make up done. Any recommendation where to go in Tampa? Thank you! W

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found my girl on the knot or wedding wire, I cant remember which one, but I am excited... Her work looks amazing. After I found her I looked up her Facebook and Instagram account just to make sure :) I would recommend her, but I am leaving from Miami, and unfortunately they aren't close :) haha

Gaaah! Sorry for the delay in posting - we got back, and reality kicked in, back to work, and all that. Here's some pics of our wedding...

608A0835_zpsbadc3505.jpg

IMG_1692_zps6edddb03.jpg

IMG_1706_zpsa9778777.jpg

IMG_1705_zps3f3e6551.jpg

Disclaimer: cake topper is one we provided (bought on Amazon). Blue rhinestone ribbon we bought online too. The stock Carnival topper is kindof 'meh'. Stuff given to wedding coordinator when boarding and the catering staff worked their magic.

Will find more pics, still going though hundreds of pictures... :)

Have to add - we had a great time. The Wedding Experience staff were wonderful (they did hustle everything along, but in a very gentle way, but that is their job I suppose...).

From a venue/crew/wedding coordinator perspective, it was flawless. Everything went very smoothly. The OMG, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moments we had - and fixed (and there were a couple) were entirely of our own making :)

Edited by Chip_h3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How much was the coffee table book? Can you buy it by itself??

The coffee table book is between 1599-1799 I believe. Yes you can buy it by itself. Our photographer created 2 books for us, one of the ceremony and reception and one of just us. They look amazing. Just don't jump at it right away. We spent 1800 on almost all our prints, and a CD of ALL images that he took and edited. We could have added 1 12x12 photo book for $500 more, and we debated. We got some cash on the cruise, and $100 credit from carnival for a delay, so we ended up paying very little at the end of our cruise ($160) for drinks, etc. BUT thought the cash would be better spent elsewhere and that I could create my own book online with all the different websites for cheaper.

Hope that helps

:)