Carnival's Mahogany Bay

carnival03

We will be docked in Mahogany Bay in April, with I believe one other ship. I looked at the "Relax on the beach package" I love the idea but it only buys admission for two. We're a family of three. Has anyone had any trouble with buying two tickets and only having three people? What's everyone's opinions? Is it hard to get a good chair at the beach when two ships are in port? Also if I go with the excursion can you put down the clam shell? or can we choose an open seat?

We will be docked in Mahogany Bay in April, with I believe one other ship. I looked at the "Relax on the beach package" I love the idea but it only buys admission for two. We're a family of three. Has anyone had any trouble with buying two tickets and only having three people? What's everyone's opinions? Is it hard to get a good chair at the beach when two ships are in port? Also if I go with the excursion can you put down the clam shell? or can we choose an open seat?

Don't buy an excursion. Walk off the ship and there are tons of open air cabs waiting. Just tell them where you want to go. They will round up a bunch of people going in the same area. They stop at all of the look offs so you can take pics. Drop you off at the beach and they will arrange a pick up time.. however no worries as there are tons of cabs waiting to take people back. It was nice and waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper

Rent a Cabana at Mahogany Bay - $200 for the whole family - private beach, waiter at your service, rest, relaxation and fun and you don't have to worry about how many ships are in port with you - covers the chair rides over!

Rent a Cabana at Mahogany Bay - $200 for the whole family - private beach, waiter at your service, rest, relaxation and fun and you don't have to worry about how many ships are in port with you - covers the chair rides over!

How do you do this? Is this through Carnival?

We were in Roatan last week for a week long diving trip. We stayed at Turquoise Bay. They have a beautiful beach and it is private and empty. They have kayaks, and you can snorkel for a minimal fee. Lots of shells on the beach to search. We have also been to Roatan twice before by cruises ship. We went to Tabanaya (sp) beach which was nice but busy, and to Oxen Hole to see the monkeys and birds.

All the beaches will have no see ums (sand fleas) but if you have bug repellant with deet you will be fine.

Google Turquoise Bay and look at the pics. You can contact them by email and make arrangements if you are interested.

Go to the top of the hill where the Taxi waiting area is and request a cab to West Bay. I think we paid about $20pp and our driver stayed with us the whole day. He took us to Banana Rama I believe and there is a small entrance fee there but you are free to go up and down the entire beach area not just at Banana. We found a great area to snorkel right off the beach near the end of the beach where it runs into the hillside. Awesome fish and reef!!! Get out of the port area and enjoy the Island!!! It really is such a beautiful place!!!

If you haven't been to Roatan before, it's a good idea to take an excursion though the ship or with a reputable independent to see the REAL Rotan.

If you've been to Roatan some times before, Mahogany Bay is an enjoyable way to spend an enjoyable beach day. :)

LuLu

~~~

I would agree with those that said to get away from Mahogany Bay & see the rest of the island. Isla Roatan is a beautiful place to explore. Tabriana (sp) beach is nice, but there are many others too. We did a private tour w/ Bodden tours. much less $$ than Carnival tours.

It appears I am outnumbered here. We were just there on the Conquest on a b2b and we were looking for a easy beach day to offset the 7 other ports we were at. And we loved just walking over to the sand and swimming and lounging all day. But if you decide to spend the day here walk all the way over to the dock at the far end.... lots of loungers and not as crowded ... and they have a guy playing and singing and he was amazing.

It appears I am outnumbered here. We were just there on the Conquest on a b2b and we were looking for a easy beach day to offset the 7 other ports we were at. And we loved just walking over to the sand and swimming and lounging all day. But if you decide to spend the day here walk all the way over to the dock at the far end.... lots of loungers and not as crowded ... and they have a guy playing and singing and he was amazing.

We did the same thing. Short walk, easy to find chairs, view was perfect with the ship there, and never had problems with sand fleas even without using bug spray. The water there is not good for snorkeling because you won't see much, but for a relaxing beach day it was perfect.

What I would do is take a tour of the island in the morning, and get out to see some of the sites or other things to do there. If you want to spend some time at the beach, go there in the late morning/early afternoon. That's what we did, and we had no problems finding chairs. Of course, we were the only ship there that day. If the other ship comes in later than yours, the beach may always be busy.

If you're going to Mahogany Bay, then I assume that you're also going to Mexico and Grand Cayman--those may make better beach days than Mahogany Bay anyway (unless you've never been to those places).

Hello. We are going to Turquoise Bay on the 19th..Did you use their transportation, and if you ate there,how was the food, and lastly , do you know if they have WIFI ? Thanks for any info.:)

We were in Roatan last week for a week long diving trip. We stayed at Turquoise Bay. They have a beautiful beach and it is private and empty. They have kayaks, and you can snorkel for a minimal fee. Lots of shells on the beach to search. We have also been to Roatan twice before by cruises ship. We went to Tabanaya (sp) beach which was nice but busy, and to Oxen Hole to see the monkeys and birds.

All the beaches will have no see ums (sand fleas) but if you have bug repellant with deet you will be fine.

Google Turquoise Bay and look at the pics. You can contact them by email and make arrangements if you are interested.

I would love to get a cabana at the beach but sadly for our sailing they're all sold out, has anyone had any luck with them opening up maybe because of a cancellation we are 29 days out.

Typically they hold back a limited number of shore excursions for on board purchase. One you get to your room check the online ordering on the tv. I'm sure you could get one if u try early.

Yes, it's an excursion through carnival. http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/417084

The beach is nice, but overcrowded. I wish we would have ventured out a bit. I saw pictures of a place called Little French Key and it looked amazing. Look it up! :)

Little French Key is fantastic!! Very well kept, plenty to do and a very good lunch.